PDA

View Full Version : pictures turning into folders?

beetle
15-10-2003, 10:34 AM
ok i did some scanning and now when going to preveiw thumbnails etc they are all in seperate folders?
so cannot put them all in one folder instead i have 10 folders?

what have i done to make this happen?

xp home,

how can i change this to just the pictures and then put them in a folder?

beetle

supergran
15-10-2003, 07:24 PM
reboot, and if that fails, try checking in your Folder options to make sure that photos are opening in the program you want them to. Folder options is in view, file types, then folder options. Good luck.

godfather
15-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Well, I assume the default action for your scanner is to create a folder and store the scanned image in it.

I know mine does if I use the supplied software (which I rarely do), but I put the image where I want it.

Thats the default action, but you can choose to do otherwise?

No idea how in your case, as it varies from scanner program to scanner program.
I often scan from within any one of several photo-editing programs, which gets around all the default settings. (Usually File - Scanner)

beetle
15-10-2003, 08:12 PM
ok thanxs supergran and Goddie,

but have another question here, if this is exactly the same prog and scanner i had before and nothing has changed, apart from the reformat of the computer and i had not altered anything about the scanner / prog settings why should it be different this time?
and now make folder's instead of just a thumbnail then put in appropriate folder?

it really amazes me how the same prog is now set differently...
im possitive i havent changed anything cos i only just installed it again on the system...

?:|

beetle