PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Downloads

Gerard P
15-10-2003, 08:17 AM
On some web sites I have tried to view a QT movie file, but it won't recognise my download manager or even allow me to elect where to save it to.

When I choose to view the movie, I get a QT control bar across the bottom of the screen (usually) and the QT logo on screen for the duration of the download. There is no way to know a) how large the file is, or b) where it is being downloaded to.

Anyone know how to get more control over this?

tommy
15-10-2003, 08:01 PM
I am not too sure about this myself and hopefully others will offer advice but I would have thought that some indication of the file size would be given at the site the movie was available from. What download manager are you trying to use? Have you tried right clicking on the file's name and choosing to Save As rather than clicking on it to view the movie?

cyberchuck
16-10-2003, 05:38 AM
What's happening is that your download manager doesn't have the right (so to speak) to download the Quicktime movies as Quicktime has been told that it is to play them inline with the browser.
Open up the options menu in Quicktime and somewhere in there (don't have Quicktime sorry) will be an option box (with a tick in it) to play movies inline in Internet Explorer - remove the tick...
If you can't find this, then stop all instances of Quicktime before going to the site where the movie is located, and then in your download manager there should be an option where you can add suffixes of files that it is to download, add ".mov" to the list (without the quote marks) and you should be sweet.

CyberChuck

zqwerty
17-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Quicktime is a heap of crap anyway. So don't worry too much, all you will miss is the adverts.
Regards Rob.