PDA

View Full Version : HP iPAQ 1930 & Sharp GX10i

nz_liam
09-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I have a HP iPAQ & a Sharp GX10i, and seing as both have infrared ports, it seems logical tha I could beam pictures from my phone to iPAQ. Has anyone done this, and if so what software was used (or what was the procedure)?

Cheers

Liam.

dipstick01
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
In theory it should work but then again that is theory and running on past experiences with various bluetooth brands not being compatable I could not tell you till I try it. Speaking of which I might have to try it out at work and see what happens. I'll let ya know

nz_liam
10-10-2003, 12:02 AM
> In theory it should work but then again that is
> theory and running on past experiences with various
> bluetooth brands not being compatable I could not
> tell you till I try it. Speaking of which I might
> have to try it out at work and see what happens. I'll
> let ya know

Er, both the GX10i and the iPAQ H1930 only have infrared, no bluetooth.

Cheers

Liam

-=JM=-
10-10-2003, 04:01 AM
Should just be a matter of turning on the receiver on one then just clicking send on the other.

Graham L
10-10-2003, 03:34 PM
If only everything was the way it "should" be. :D

You should know better, JM --- these are computer things.

Our questioner is not alone ... have a look at this forum posting (http://www.cellular-news.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1904).

-=JM=-
10-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Well I was just going from how I've managed to send business cards from my cellphone to an old laptop over IR. I just told the laptop to turn on the IR interface then selected a contact name and chose "send card via IR" and it arrives on the laptop.

I've seen others sending calendar information between cellphones or palm to cellphone and as far as I can tell was just the same.

So I would think the same thing would happen in your case. Just select the image and choose "send via IR" or similar.

Really need some newer
toys to play with

nz_liam
17-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Well after a bit of searching all I've found is that the GX10i has VERRY POOR conectivity, sharp havent produced any GPRS drivers for pocket pc, you cannot beam files to or from it and the one pice of PC software sharp makes that allows you to get the photos off by IR dosent work.

Other than that it is a nice phone, just needs a few more apps.