PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal about Eudora?

mark c
09-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Some friends had Eudora on their comp set up for them by a geek and they couldn't figure out how to use to use so I uninstalled it and set them up with a yahoo address instead. I know a lot of people here are enthusdiastic about Eudora but I can't see the advantage over having an ordiinary old web based email facility.

OK I can inderstand not wanting a hotmail address coz you spend all your time trawling through the junk but in my yahoo I get zero spam.

So what's the big deal about Eudora.

Wainting to be enlightened and Thanks In Advance. :D

Budda
09-10-2003, 08:12 AM
same as linux, people just want something thats not m$, and so they use alternative products, eudora isnt that much different from outlook express.

PoWa
09-10-2003, 08:21 AM
It doesn't have the most intuitive interface however, I spend about 30secs looking for the stupid reply & send buttons each time I need to use them.

Dolby Digital
09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Not all us want web based email. I want to be able to review, search my email "off line".

Also there ain't no big deal about Eudora. I use it as I have been using it for years and it is less prone to targeting by virus/trojan writers. Its all about choice.

mark c
09-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Oh OK that's B-). Thanks for that. :)

tweak\'e
09-10-2003, 09:08 AM
first thing that comes to mind is if your refering to eudora email address (ie eudora as a provider) or eudora the the program.

mark c
09-10-2003, 09:23 AM
OK got me puzzled there tweak'e. How about both, then?

What's Eudora the program do that Eudorra the email facility doesn't?

godfather
09-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Eudora (the program) replaces e-mail clients such as Outlook Express.

Thats what most people refer to as "Eudora", but it looks like you were referring to the Eudora Webmail service?

Eudora (the program) is a much more straightforward e-mail program, handles attachments well and as stated above, is seldom targeted by virus writers.

I use it by choice, as I find OE can be quite obtuse at times. Generally I find Eudora easy to set up and trouble free. I run the Paid version and collect POP3 mail from several accounts.

mark c
09-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Ok thanks for all that. Another 'security by obscurity' thing.

Like Linux and Opera and Eudora are...yes non-M$.