PDA

View Full Version : Command Promt

Gods-Hitman
08-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Command Promt-(hope thats right)
Well eny way, Is there eny way that i can get in to command promt with out going/using c:/(windows dir), control panel, run, explorer so is there like a html code or somthing?

Jen C
08-10-2003, 09:58 PM
You seem to be covering a few different things in that one sentence :)
I think you use XP so .....

Command prompt: go Start > Run. Type in cmd and hit enter.

Windows Explorer: Right Click on Start button and select Explore.

Not sure what you mean by going via control panel and html code. Perhaps you could explain what you require a bit more fully :)

Pheonix
08-10-2003, 09:58 PM
What windows ??? are you using.
Your statement is a bit like saying "can I speak japanese using say, english" When you mention HTML, it is actually another type of "language". :)
Might be better if you mention what you are trying to achieve maybe.
In windows 95/98 , you could open DOS in a window. (DOS is what the prompt is for) That flavor of windows "sat" on a platform of DOS. Windows 2000 and XP do not, and are based on NT, so support is minimal.

Gods-Hitman
09-10-2003, 07:21 AM
I Have Windows 2000
and i can not use Start "run" or strat programs..eg, Cortrol panle, Expoler, search so is there a HTML code that i can like right in not pade and save as .html and there run it so command opens

Pheonix
09-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Sorry but it is very hard to understand what you are saying as the spelling is really bad. Use the spell check button under the pane that you type your question in.
Have you tried making a shortcut to c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe ?

Jen C
09-10-2003, 04:41 PM
>and i can not use Start "run" or strat programs..eg, Cortrol panle, Expoler, search so is there a HTML code that i can like right in not pade and save as .html and there run it so command opens

If you can no longer start programs from the Program Menu, Control Panel, Search and Explorer are not functioning correctly and you cannot use the Run function, making new shortcuts will not help.

You mention that you are using Win2000, are you the only user of this computer and are you using a limited users account? What happens if you use an Admin account?

Wide-spread problems as you are experiencing suggests Windows has been corrupted and you may be facing a repair or reinstall of the operating system. I would start backing up your important files now.