PDA

View Full Version : icq lite banner removal

yingxuan
08-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Well I found a way to remove the icq lite ads.I've done it with version 1256.Im not so sure of version 1300.Let me know if it works on the latest icq lite version.

Shutdown icq lite

Find the director where u have install icq lite and locate the files :
psearch.xml,climage.gif,datafiles.xml,clbanner.xml and banners.xml

U will have to delete all of those files but before u do that.In the same directory as where the files are .Create a folder called datafiles.xml,clbanner.xml,banners.xml and psearch.xml.
(make sure u type .xml otherwise it won't work)

Once u've done that .Delete the original files.
For climage .gif.
U can create a folder called climage.gif and delete the climage.gif file.That file is the picture that displays on the main icq lite window.
This doesn't work on my computer but u can choose any picture u want.Rename it to climage.gif and paste it in where the original climage.gif was.

if your using icq lite 1300 tell me if this works on it.^_^
happy messaging

yingxuan
08-10-2003, 12:48 PM
u can find the .xml files at C:\Program Files\Icq lite\litedatafiles

PoWa
08-10-2003, 01:14 PM
MMM thanks for that :) I was using icqlite happily until a few months ago, when it forced me to upgrade and the new version came with ads! I was pretty pissed off, so I got rid of it altogether.

agent
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Well that's just weird...

So the files are locally stored, huh?

What I did was block a few of ICQ Pro's connections to the more obvious servers (like connection attempts on port 80), and now it doesn't display banners, although in place it displays a browny/orange block where the banners would be.

yingxuan
09-10-2003, 09:57 AM
There's a crack for icq pro 2003 build 3800 that get rids of the ads.U simply just copy the file to the icq directory and open the crack and it will say.ITs patched.Click ok.Delete the crack and the banners are removed and it doesn't leave a blank square where the ads were.^_^

yingxuan
09-10-2003, 10:01 AM
go to

www.cracks.am
Search for icq.It'll display a list.
If a security window pop ups to install.Choose.it'll say u must install this until u can download.Its just tricking u.After clicking no when that tab comes up.There's a tab called download the file.Just download the crack and use winzip to uncompress it.
Open the icq banner removal crack in any directory will cause an error .U must copy the crack where u've put icq .Then open it.

C:\Program Files\icq
Paste it there and open it

yingxuan
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
this is interesting.There's a crack for icq lite.

http://www.allicq.com/

Fire-and-Ice
09-10-2003, 12:24 PM
> go to
>
> www.cracks.am
> Search for icq.It'll display a list.
> If a security window pop ups to install.Choose.it'll
> say u must install this until u can download.Its just
> tricking u.After clicking no when that tab comes
> up.There's a tab called download the file.Just
> download the crack and use winzip to uncompress it.
> Open the icq banner removal crack in any directory
> will cause an error .U must copy the crack where u've
> put icq .Then open it.

The admins of this forum do not like cracks or warez being discussed here.