PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo beetle's puter is back...

beetle
07-10-2003, 04:10 PM
:D and its better than it ever was before......

reformated and all bits and bobs done.... updates, etc now just have to reinstall mailwasher, msn and avg and im away laughing.

its faster its starts way different and is much more responsive...... and faster on the net too.... i cant beleive it so good, knock knock on wood :D

my baby is back, just better than ever and man she's growed up just fine.... :D :p

no probs at all,

just gotta wait for the bill now.......
beetle

stu140103
07-10-2003, 06:27 PM
That is Good to her beetle :)

I hope every thing goes good for you now :)& you get to find How good they are (not bad :D)

Also if any one is wording what was wrong with her computer:
From a chat I had with beetle today :)

Stu says:
Did they say what was wrong with it????
coffee time.. says:
LOL it got reformatted from scratch stu,
Stuart says:
ah
coffee time.. says:
no hardware probs found just dodgy software installs
coffee time.. says:
it never ran correct right from the start at all apparently
Stu says:
I thought that, that was one sick computer lol
coffee time.. says:
lol and we didnt know just how sick did we....
Stu says:
yeath, but hopefully you should not have any more problems now
coffee time.. says:
hell no.....
coffee time.. says:
no more probs or it will get a hammer takin to it and then off to the dump.....
Stu says:
:D

Jen C
07-10-2003, 06:43 PM
It is good to see that your PC is up and running again :)

A total springclean of the OS always makes them run like a greyhound - almost so you don't want to slow it down by installing any additional programs :p

Anyway, happy surfing again :D

beetle
07-10-2003, 08:08 PM
makes me think my post count is going to slow down considerably dont you? with no problems with computer other than operator slackness, :D
and lack of geek knowledge..... :p

so what else will i break? instead of the puter?
LOL

nothing of course ill be just fine as long as i steer clear of anything electronic i feel......
but we did get new yuppie mobile phone, but thats hubbies pride and joy, no touching beetle..... :p

beetle

metla
07-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear it Beetle....

A format and reload is a pretty standard 80-to-100 bucks so i think you should have your monies worth.

Shortstop
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Don't stop posting Beetle. Your trials and tribulations are my favourite soap opera - sort of "Days of Our (computer) Lives" ! Hope all runs sweetly for you.

Cheers

Billy T
07-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi beetle

Now that your computer is in pinky health, I have just one word of advice to offer you:

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image imageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

beetle
07-10-2003, 10:52 PM
wot?

my eyes have gone all funny, im seeing multiples of something.......:p

er and how am i to do that again BT?
its gonna cost me again isnt it?

sigh.....
beetle

Billy T
08-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Ahhh..............dear dear beetle!

Yes it will cost you, but how does a one-off payment of less than $100 (minus GST and tax deductible since you are in business) sound compared to what you just spent to get your computer back to normal. That is not taking into account the time and frustration you have experienced either. It would have all been over while you were having a cup of tea instead of spreading over several days.

May the spirits of all Ghost users haunt me ever-after, but I saw in August PCW (page 38) that the latest version of Drive Image is only $90 (incl gst) and can image direct from Windows. I might take a look at that one myself! It can even image while you work and would probably be easier for you to use than Norton Ghost, though from your recent posts I think you would have little trouble with the Norton version.

Think about never having to worry about making a mistake loading software, or sliding down that depressing blue-screened path when a badly behaved install goes haywire. Say a new virus or worm catches you before your AV defs are updated, or you sleep-walk one wild and woolly night with *format C:\* etched on the back of your retinas and wake to find a blank sheet where your OS and programs used to be.

Having an image of your original OS setup plus another for your full OS + program load lets you return to two stages of go, and keeping a third and current image of your system complete with updates & patches and latest downloaded bits & pieces makes recovery from the bumps and lurches of modern computing a no-brainer time and money saving breeze.

Don't forget to keep all data on a second HDD and image that too on a regular basis, storing the data image on your OS/Program drive and your OS/Program image on the data drive and you have a disaster-proofed system.

Time to get serious beetle. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :) :)

beetle
08-10-2003, 10:24 AM
i think i got lost on the dear beetle bit ..... :p

yes may have a look at these things, but am a bit short on the understanding the woffle you have just speeled me, may need to reread it a few times.....

thanxs Billy T

ill get there eventually.

beetle

Billy T
08-10-2003, 11:37 AM
> but am a bit short on the understanding the woffle you have just
> speeled me, may need to reread it a few times.....

Urrrgh :( You sure know how to wound a guy beetle :8}

I was trying not to blind you with science actually, but never mind, all is taken in the cooperative spirit of PF1!

For background info on the Drive Image program take a look here first (http://pcworld.co.nz/PCWorld/Reviews.nsf/UNID/8785EEFF4E60F938CC256C5C00783EC7?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,drive,Image) then move on to the August 2003 review here (http://pcworld.co.nz/PCWorld/Reviews.nsf/UNID/05AA82F0A66CB31ACC256D6D001626C6?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,drive,Image) for an updated view of the new version. To see what PowerQuest say about their product look here. (http://www.powerquest.com/driveimage/) You will see that they actually provide two versions of their product for the price of one.

It really is very easy to use and it is an absolute lifesaver so if you want to get more productivity and enjoyment out of your computing experiences, both business and studying, then give it some serious thought. If you have any questions, just post them and I or some other convert (such as Jen or Susan) will be pleased to give you moral and technical support.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)
[pre][b]Actually, now that Symantec have bought PowerQuest,
Drive Image falls into the same stable as Ghost so perhaps
I needn't feel guilty about buying it (purely for research
purposes of course).

beetle
08-10-2003, 01:00 PM
sorry Billy t my brains on overdrive at moment and am gettiing lost in pyschology , philosophy and education theorist stuff so when you said something else in techie terms its just too much.......

when i get some space and time ill take another look or even go shopping....... LOL at moment theres not a lot to save..... anywhere yet....
so may take a week or so to get it back to full info levels.....

really am sorry BT first thing that popped out of me fingers as it were.

and if you buy this thing let us know how it rates.... we'd be interested...
(if only i could understand it at moment) may need to reformat the brain a little first :p

beetle

Fire-and-Ice
08-10-2003, 03:44 PM
> LOL at moment theres not a lot to save..... anywhere yet....

Youre wrong about that. Doing a Ghost or Drive Image is the first thing someone should do straight after a reformat and reinstall. It takes a snapshot of your system so that if it turns to custard tomorrow or next week you can use Ghost to put it all back how it was when you did the Ghost. Its not just the files you backup, its the whole lot, files, programs and windows.

Tomorrow or next week or next month may be too late.

beetle
08-10-2003, 07:15 PM
well its only takin a year to get this far so who's counting....

and apart from the current homework of the day its all replaceable or not important enough to be a major worry at moment.

and yes i know all that could change but my priorities at moment are keeping the business running and paying my bills and feeding my family, school is next and the computer has to come last im afraid,
and yes it will happen and i will be the first to complain, and i will get onto it soon, and then have all the fun of screaming help to pf1 when i dont understand the instructions....... :p

have a good one

a tired neglectful ......

beetle