PDA

View Full Version : Tv tuner cards

willtell
07-10-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking of gettng one but I seem to remember that the images appear in a small window. The specs. for the few cards I have looked at don't say. Am I remembering this correctly and if so how big is the window in which the images appear?.

SKT174
07-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Leadtek Winfast 2000 TV card is pretty good .. full screen, capture to most video formats :)

Archibald
07-10-2003, 01:32 PM
> Leadtek Winfast 2000 TV card is pretty good

I use this card as well. It has pretty good software bundled with it and the capture quality is pretty good aswell as being easy to use. Mind you, I hav'nt been able to get good results from capturing in the SVCD format.

CYaBro
07-10-2003, 01:33 PM
I've used MSI TV Tuner card and it does its job well.

Can have TV / Video-in in full screen or any window size you like.
Also hav an FM tuner so you can listen to the radio.
Even comes with a remote for changing channels etc.

Software will record from TV or video-in and can use it like a VCR.
One cool feature it has is Time-shifting. So if you're watching TV or whatever and say the phone rings or you need to go take a leek :) you start the time-shift recording then go do your bizo. When you come back you can carry on watching from where you left off and it will keep recording the rest of the program at the same time!

BootyLicious
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Get Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP TV card and have free sky.:D

roben
07-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I use a Pinnical PC TV card

Have a look at what Bruce Simson has done with his here http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pvr/

What is the program to enable Sky ????????

Tobas
07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I have that card Bootylicious, what software do I need to get sky?

Chilling_Silently
07-10-2003, 06:38 PM
IIRC, its called HVCplus.. sadly, my card doesnt seem to go with it? (Pixelview Play/TV Pro)

agent
07-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, it's HVCplus. I've got it sitting in a folder on another computer (but I don't use it).

Essentially though, it comes down to the fact that you aren't getting Sky UHF for free - you're stealing it.

There was a big long debate over this, started by someone investigating New Zealand laws over the issue, so you can go look that up if you want to.

nomad
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
how is the quality with an outside antenna??
is the quality as u get with sky tv.

Cheers.

godfather
07-10-2003, 09:10 PM
The Sky signal available (scrambled) is the "old" UHF sky, not the digital Sky.

The quality of all signals depends on the aerial installation.

You need a good signal to get an acceptable picture.

Size for size, the resolution is not quite as good as a TV, in my experience.