PDA

View Full Version : spybot auto shutdown

yingxuan
07-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Im running windows 98se.I've been using spybot for a very long period but now whenever I open spybot.IT would open for .5 seconds and once open.IT would minimize and then shutdown by itself.Any idea whats causing this?
I downloaded ad-aware and it runs fine.
I've deleted and reinstall spybot.Still does the same thing.I've even tried installing on a different drive
I have nothing running on the background either than norton anti virus is disabled.
Whats wrong?

Susan B
07-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Someone else was having unusual problems with Spybot a couple of days ago. ?:|

Have you got the latest Spybot updates/references installed? Is AdAware picking up anything dodgy?

yingxuan
07-10-2003, 12:03 PM
I deleted some spyware using adaware.But the scan wasn't complete.I stopped it half way through

Is spybot 1.2 the latest version.thats what im using at the moment

Jen C
07-10-2003, 06:22 PM
A few people have reported having the same problems as you - an program update included in the detection updates is supposed to fix this.

Spybot S&D latest detection updates were released on 13/09/03. You can download these updates manually if you can't get your program to stay open for long enough by going here (http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download) and looking for "Update downloads" in the right-hand column. They are self-installing. See whether this makes a difference.