PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Jet Start

Mzee
06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
I am getting really brassed off with Jet Start. It seems to be completely unreliable. Often won't log on, & when it does, no signal.
I have often had to resort to my old 56k modem account, & at times have found it to be faster.
I am on the virge of closing the JetStart account, but would like to hear from others before I do.
I have used an external USB modem & also a Dick Smith internal modem with the same results on 3 computers. All the same.

stu140103
06-10-2003, 10:57 PM
> I am on the virge of closing the JetStart account,
> but would like to hear from others before I do.
> I have used an external USB modem & also a Dick Smith
> internal modem with the same results on 3 computers.
> All the same.

I am also on Jet Start ( Jetstream Starter) ISP: Quicksilver & I have had no problems at all

Who is your ISP??? Have you tried contacting them????

It might be an ISP problem; you might want to think about switching ISP if this problem stays the same

How long have you had Jet Stream Starter for????

How long has this been happing????

Big John
07-10-2003, 12:28 AM
No problems with mine. I am with Paradise and it is connected 100% of the time. The only time I have seen it lose a connection is when the power goes off.

Speed and such do vary depending on things but otherwise good. I know Paradise did have a problem with a shortage of IP addresses some time okay and with that people could not connect when they wanted to but I beleive it has been expanded. Maybe the ISP you are using has the same problem. Have you contacted their helpdesk and asked if they are having problems?

Could also be that you are on the edge of the range for Jetstart or have a wiring fault. You would need to get Telecom to check that out and would probably cost if they found nothing wrong.

My mum had problems with her phone lines and turned out to be ants in one of the connectors. They repaired it no charge and no problems since. That was just normal phone line without JetStream on it though.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
07-10-2003, 12:36 AM
Jetstart w/ Actrix

Has never missed a beat, only ever lose connections when Telecom reset their DSLAM or power outage.

Have never experienced a single problem, never even had speed issues.

Greg S
07-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Much as I hate to say it, I also have somewhat poor performance too, eg frequent disconnections (normally once a day, sometimes 4 or 5) and occasionally struggle to connect, with Orcon. Hardly ever had issues when I was on full speed with Xtra.