PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2002 Converts To Plain Text

AliCali
06-10-2003, 09:08 PM
I am running Windows XP on a stand alone PC. I have recently bought and installed Office XP Professional.
Until now I have used Outlook Express for all my e-mail. I now would like to use Outlook 2002, but find when I send a message that was composed in HTML, it converts it to plain text. They are still in HTML in the 'Sent Folder' but are always received in Plain Text. I have tested this by sending to myself and to several others, who normally would receive HTML messages from me.
I have checked all the settings...Tools/Options/Mail Format Tab...'Compose in this Message Format'...HTML etc.
I have used Detect and Repair, and have Re-Installed Office. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Susan B
07-10-2003, 09:35 AM
In Outlook Express the options need to have "Read all messages in plain text" disabled in order to view messages in HTML. Could that be your problem with Outlook?

AliCali
07-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi Susan,

Thanks for replying.
I can't seem to find a 'Read" tab in Outlook, as in Outlook Express.
I have tried reading the HTML messages sent with Outlook, in Outlook Express...with the option 'Read all messages in plain text' disabled...still the same problem, they appear in Plain Text!
So it appears the problem is with Outlook 'Sending' the message, rather than the 'Reading' of it...??? Any other thoughts...It's driving me crazy!

Thanks once again Susan for your time...AliCali.