PDA

View Full Version : FIRST TIME

olldaddy76
05-10-2003, 04:11 PM
HOW many posts have I had and contributed nothing? Well you may recall I was having trouble (like some others) gertting AUDIO on M S N 6
Well with the help of my son in law in Houston and a compter so called guru the following may help.....
"We have enabled UPnP in the configuration of the ADSL modem. We have a Dynalink model here and the option appeared at the bottom of the Configuration section once you log on to the modem. You log on to the modem by entering its IP address in your browser. The default for this modem is: 192.168.1.1 This opens a web page that allows you to configure the modem. It's just like being in a Web site.

Don't forget to save the configuration to the modem once you enable the UPnP function. Then apparently you can use audio in MSM6.

Good luck"

olldaddy now 77.....
not yet proved but hopeful.....both sender and receiver need the same changes

Susan B
05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Well thanks for that OllDaddy, hopefully it will prove to be helpful to someone. :-)

As for "contributing nothing", that is not true..... you have contributed plenty of brain teasers for the PF1 gang to try and answer. There would not be a forum if we didn't have heaps of questions to keep us busy. :-)

olldaddy76
05-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks Susan but alas the third instruction was missing...when I tried to AUDIO i was not able but now I do not know the missing instruction...except it was pertaining to
Control Panel
Add Remove
3rd Down
Networking Services
Put a tick in the details button (Check it) and you get asked for the
iprit.dll files or something like that....I will know more exactly within few days......sorry....at that I could not find in XP Prof so I am waiting.......

olldaddy76
05-10-2003, 07:07 PM
The previous posting is now irrelevant with these new instructions just received from Houston (he must be up very late.)

Basically the sequence of steps you need your computer guru (could be you ) to go through are as follows:

1. Configure your router to enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (the mechanism for doing this is router-specific but see instructions below)
2. Install Universal Plug and Play on your computer if it's not already there (see my instructions below))
3. Install DirectX 9b on your computer if it's not already there. (good chance it's already there) (if not get is via Windows Update)
4. If you have a software firewall product like Zone Alert either remove it or configure it to accept "uncommon protocols"

Hope this is A O K...

olldaddy76
05-10-2003, 07:37 PM
THE original source of the info re M S N 6 and audio..............

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,7667808~root=equip,16~mode=flat

happy days