PDA

View Full Version : Canon Digital Camera MV100

tottylucas
05-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Has Anyone got a Canon MV100 & can tell me where to get a driver to capture still photos . A free driver if possible.. As yet I cannot get the computre to see the camera!!!!!. I have a 1394 & a fire wire . Com is Windows XP Thank You Tottylucas

godfather
05-10-2003, 05:42 PM
When you posted this question last, you were given a link to support articles on what you want to do.

Did they help, and if not, what is the specific area that they didn't cover?

The link was to Canon MV100 Support (http://www.canon.co.nz/products/cameras/cameras_video/mv100_support.aspx)

tottylucas
06-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Thank you Godfather
I followed into Canon site but Canon MV100 didnt offer any download driver. Just an info sheet. Where to now ?? aswhen I bought the camera I didnt buy driver etc not even having a computer then!!.. Advice would be welcome..
Thanking you Tottylucas.

godfather
06-10-2003, 11:14 AM
I am unsure just why you would want a "driver"?

If your firewire connection works OK, I would have "assumed" your camera memory card would show up as a removeable drive, under Windows Explorer.

This is clearly explained in the Support info. While they use "Zoombrowser" in my experience (with other cameras) no special software is needed, provided the photos are stored on a memory card. You don't say if this is the case with yours.

With memory cards, its also quite cheap to by a USB card reader, so your camera needn't go near the PC at all. I use these mostly, its simple and effective. The photos are just .jpg or .tif files. You can download and use viewers/editors such as Irfanview, which is free.

tottylucas
07-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Dear Godfather,
Thank you for your interest & detailed reply. The camera in question takes video film on a small tape also will take stills on special setting..When I bought the camera it was possible to also buy as extra a CD driver.. Then I did not have a computer & had never touched one.. I have now had one for a year & love it but struggle with all its strange comands & questions.. The canon site does not seem to offer driver downloads any more for this camera.. I phoned Canon NZ & they tell me they no longer have a driver available for the MV100. I do also have a Canon digital still camera bought last year which came with an installing CD. But I use an Imation Flash Go card reader Wow!! so easy..
I have tried Zoombrowser as yet no luck I cant even get rthe camera up on the screen. I have a fire wire & 1394 card which the com tells me is working .. So that is why I am looking for a Driver to line everything up.. Thanking you Michael

godfather
07-10-2003, 09:14 PM
I suspected that it might be a model which recorded stills on tape.

You will need special software for that, and even then, when looking for info for you, I noted some comments that it was not all that good at doing still images in that manner anyway.

I suspect the quality of the still images would be way below those from your still camera as well.