PDA

View Full Version : problem with Goldwave audio software

colmack
05-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm trialling Goldwave and so far it's great - except for one problem though that's really bugging me. When I'm recording, the view in the Sound Window goes for exactly one minute - the recording continues beyond that, and in playback I can see the whole file (say, 60 to 90 minutes if I'm copying an audio tape) - but I just CAN'T get the view to change beyond 60 seconds while recording!

I've played with CDWave and Nero, and in both of those the screen advances automatically when the cursor 'hits' the right-hand edge, and I assumed all similar audio software would be the same.

Can anyone help?

somebody
05-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Could that be a limitation put on the trial version of Goldwave?

Peter H
05-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Top Bar - click on "All"
Bye

colmack
05-10-2003, 06:19 PM
thanks for the hint - but the 'All' menu button is dimmed most of the time, and certainly when I go to start recording. (I can use it to view the whole file only when playing back). I want this to work while I'm recording something. I can set the 'initial file length' to (say) 1 hour - but all that does is reduce the recording detail so that the cursor takes an hour to cross the width of the screen!

surely there must be a way for the cursor to cross the screen in (say) 20 seconds, and then start a new screen as soon as it has crossed - as it does in other similar audio software.

or is there something wrong with my copy? [or is it my brain? ?:|]

Peter H
05-10-2003, 08:31 PM
I normally use AudioGrabber for recording, and use GoldWave for checking, so can't help much more.
Bye

Neil McC
05-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Yep,I use Wave Repair or Free rip for recording.They seem faster than Goldwave,which I use for tick removal,etc.The thing I like about Goldwave is,I can listen and preview changes and alter settings while the song plays,unlike Cool Edit and others,for which I have to wait while they change things,then listen and usually not like the change!
:)