PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted Zip File

Big_Mountain
04-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey

I'm in big trouble.

I have a encrytped Zip file that contains some vital information and i lost the password for it.

I used those Advance Zip and Rar password recoveries, first they take too long, because i know my password is at least 9 letters, secondly they don't seem to work at the end of the long search for the password.

Any ideas on how to get the password back, and fast???

Thanks for help.

PS. this could save my life if i get it back.

PoWa
04-10-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm sure there are some hacker tools out there that will break it open.

What did you make the zip file with? Winrar?

Probably the only way is to brute force crack it (trying every combination)and that can take a lot of time. If you can get a program that splits the job up into several parts, then you can distribute it to some PF1ers and we'll crack it with our combined computing power ;)

Mizz_1Nique
04-10-2003, 07:22 PM
I use a set of software called Passware at www.lostpassword.com it has a program as part of it called Zip Key and it finds the password to any .zip file.

vk_dre
04-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Think backwards to wen u decided the password, its been scientifically proven that wen going backwards thru memory u will get more specific detail and keypoints, heck u mite even get the password. As for using programs to do it, search Google (http://www.google.co.nz) for some results for ur search.

robsonde
05-10-2003, 12:24 AM
I had this problem the other week

there are sevral programs that can crack in second if you have a clear text version of any file in the zip.

otherwise you are looking at the slow way....

I ran a cracker on my zip for three days with no luck and then decided to just try a few of my older passwords and I found it in 10 minutes that way :-)