PDA

View Full Version : MS Word and Macro's

Ron24
04-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Using XPpro.
When writing a letter using word, every now and again the spellcheck won't work. It tells me to install the picture it disc and when I do, all is well, until the next time it decides not to work.

Problem 2. Using ihug's Ispy anti spam programme, which sometimes works too efficiently. I need to see the spam it has deleted, this entails inserting the user name and password. Can I set up, I think it's called a Macro, so that one key will do this for me.
Lazy Ron..

Oxie
04-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Ron24

re Problem 2, when you log into ISpy anti spam program you use your browser. There are no macros for this. Macros are within eg MS Word, Excel. Perhaps you can set your browser to remember passwords.

Oxie (Lyn)

Susan B
04-10-2003, 10:12 PM
For the spellcheck problem I found this somewhere else:

This behaviour can occur if registry entries for the spell checker tool or custom dictionary are incorrect i.e. the value data for the SharedFilesDir value does not contain a trailing backslash in the following registry key:

Go to registry and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools

This prevents the Csapi3t1.dll file from being located, and results in the spell check feature not working. - The Csapi3t1.dll file located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof folder could be missing or damaged. If so, use system file checker or extraction tool to retrieve the file from your installation cd.

You also need to check the follow location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing Tools\Spelling\1033\Normal and ensure the following:

Engine C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft\Shared\PROOF\MSSP232.DLL
Dictionary C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF\mssp2_en.lex

Next, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing Tools\Custom Dictionaries

And make sure the following key exists:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\custom.dic

If this still doesn’t resolve the problem, then it might be a case of reinstalling MS Office

Hopefully it will fix things for you, but if not let us know. :-)

Ron24
05-10-2003, 09:39 AM
To Lyn and Susan.
Many thanks for the reply to my problems. I do use the browser for my ISPY antispam, but it always asks me for my password and log in name. Being lazy and hopeless at typing I was trying to do this the easy way.

Susan.. Am afraid the registry is too dangerous for me to play with, so will ask someone to help.

Regards Ron..