PDA

View Full Version : Pc Company

johnty
04-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Their website is still (working) (trading) any comments as I have one of their comps, which has been no trouble for 18 months.

http://www.thepccompany.co.nz/Default.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1

PoWa
04-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Err I thought they were in receivership. I wouldn't be buying from them at this stage as you will never see your money again.

PoWa
04-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Unless....that really is a clearing out sale to get rid of all the stock?

Graham L
04-10-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't think they would sell you a computer. The hosting site has probably been paid in advance, and there's unlikely to be any staff at PC Company to change it to indicate the changed status of the company.

We don't need another l e n g t h y PC Co bashing session. :_|

I'm glad you're happy with your computer John. And welcome to PressF1.

Chris Randal
05-10-2003, 02:44 PM
"We don't need another l e n g t h y PC Co bashing session"

It was getting a bit boring, wasn't it.....

PoWa
05-10-2003, 02:56 PM
> We don't need another l e n g t h y PC Co bashing session
>> It was getting a bit boring, wasn't it.....

Yes, I think all the pc co bashers are happy they have driven the company to extinction :D

unemployedperson
05-10-2003, 08:17 PM
"Yes, I think all the pc co bashers are happy they have driven the company to extinction "

Thanks for that. No, really. As a now unemployed staff member from the pc company, who hasn't been able to get paid 3 grands holiday pay and my last two weeks wages, I thank you for your compassion and thought for others. I guess your comment really does tell us all about you.

I hope I never have to meet you in an unemployment line.

PoWa
05-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Well, maybe you should've lifted the quality of your work.

wotz
05-10-2003, 08:57 PM
settle down powa. The guy has lost his job and income. Thats not easy for anyone, so give him a break, despite what you think of PCC. I am not a fan of them either, but plenty of people are. Indirectly they may have contributed to the competitive pricing of your component costs, through the lowering of system prices.

unemployedperson
05-10-2003, 09:04 PM
You are quite right of course. Of course you are.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before...I mean, it blatantly obvious that my poor quality of work as a storeman in the warehouse led directly to the downfall of the company *smacks his forehead* Of course!

And now, because the self proclaimed PC Co bashers claim to have in effect made me unemployed and out of pocket a few grand, I guess it's only right that I should feel gratefull to you.

Thank you, I now see the folly of my ways of being a storeman, and i'm only getting what I deserve for doing poor quality work in the warehouse.

My wife also wishes to thank you, she now has more motivation to send the kidsoff off to daycare and get another job. Oh, and we didn't need that second car anyway.

dipstick01
05-10-2003, 09:25 PM
I don't think this site needs to get into blame for the demise of the PC Company or any other for that fact........if we did then perhaps we should also start climing the kudos for any compuetr manufacturer that is also doing well or perhaps even good??

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes there unemployed and all I can do is offer you the fact that I wish you luck for jobs in the future and if all else fails then al least ya gave it a damn good go mate.

Yes I have seen some shoddy workmanship from PC compant computers but judging from the amount of units they produced I for one will not throw stones......( I live in a glass house )

Thanks to the PC Company for bringing custom built computers to the mainstream buyer in New Zealand.......without them I would be struggling to recomend anything apart from a Hewlitt Packard etc.

Also hello to the now names PC country in Napier.........I feel sorry for you guys with the phone calls and other visitors you have had to face.

To all you negative buggers out there.........10 years ago we were geeks just for owning a PC

vk_dre
05-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Who's fault is it that the PCco went into receivership? Certainly no one here has the ability to do that in an instant, we'r sorry u hav lost ur job, but ur meant to go on with life, look at wot lies ahead of u, instead of living in the past, u will get many more jobs and u know it, so dont be crying over spilt milk and no harm was intended to be directed at anyone working at PCco by our comments here on PressF1, Powa was just joking around, wernt u Powa? :).

sam m
06-10-2003, 06:56 AM
> Err I thought they were in receivership. I wouldn't
> be buying from them at this stage as you will never
> see your money again.

umm...... if you buy anything you dont see your money again.

;)

unemployedperson
06-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Sure. I know I will get another job.

But powa's "jokes" cut a little close to the bone.

Biggles
06-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Gentlemen, this is a pointless mud slinging excercise. The PC Company's demise is not the fault of it hardworking employees, or of those here who posted critical comments of of the company. Get a little perspective please. The company was NZ's largest manufacturer and like ALL other NZ-based manufacturers who grew to a substantial size faced the problems of competing with

a] larger multi-nationals on the one hand
b] mom-and-pop operations on the other.

No one here is responsible for its fate, whatever side of the fence they are on, so please let's stop this now. I'm getting tired of locking ill-considered threads and having to remind people of PressF1's simple golden rule: Keep it friendly.

johnty
08-10-2003, 07:00 PM
My harmless request about the continuation of the Pc Company website was answered nicely by Graham L . I didn't want to provoke any (bashing).
In the past I bought a Pc General 486dx (1992) before they went under, I am pleased to say it is still working perfectly, (albeit slowly for the present generation) but the person I gave it to is happy with it. I put in a replacement battery last year for the first time.
Computers go out of date before they wear out if looked after.
This last sentence is non-provocative...

Chris Randal
09-10-2003, 09:16 AM
"Computers go out of date before they wear out if looked after. "

In reality they are probably out of date when the leave the shop....:D

CYaBro
09-10-2003, 11:58 AM
For those people with PC Company PC's that are still under warranty and need repairs done or any information, call this number:

0800 426 269

:)