PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger Problems

bba12
02-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi All

I run Windows XP but can't seem to communicate using MSN messenger with some friends who have Windows 98. The instant message text part works fine but no luck with the audio conversation and the video link only works one way. Yahoo messenger works fine with the same people but has rather a slow video refresh rate.

Any ideas?

Suggestions as to the "best" software for 56K modem webcam conversations?

Thanks in advance :)

Chilling_Silently
02-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Netmeeting!

vk_dre
04-10-2003, 03:41 AM
whynot try trillian, my frend has it but i dont know wheter it has video conferencing and also Trillian integration for the other messenger progs is slowly being phased out by Microsoft and Aol so that their programs cant interact with Trillian which is a 3rd party application.

Susan B
04-10-2003, 09:59 PM
> whynot try trillian, my frend has it but i dont know wheter it has video conferencing and also Trillian integration for the other messenger progs is slowly being phased out by Microsoft and Aol so that their programs cant interact with Trillian which is a 3rd party application.

First you recommend Trillian (fantastic program :-)) then you give a heap of reasons why it should not be used! :p :D

Regarding the audio and video problems, a number of people on this forum have reported the same, with the solution being to change to Yahoo messenging instead. Have not seen any complaints about slow video refresh rate though -- could the computers being used be a little slow?? Hopefully those who use it will be able to advise.

vk_dre
04-10-2003, 11:24 PM
> First you recommend Trillian (fantastic program :-))
> then you give a heap of reasons why it should not be
> used! :p :D

Lol, thats why i wouldnt be a good debater, i would keep switching sides :D, i just wanted him to know so that if it suddenly stops working it isnt the prog's fault, but bloody MS's fault. :D