PDA

View Full Version : A bit OT: Sony Video Tape Player/Recoder SLVX811

vk_dre
28-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Does nyone know a website that has the manual for A Sony VHS Tape player/recorder. model number SLVX811? I pulled it out of the closet and i wanted to record a tv program but i dont know how to retune it, the control is also kinda cluttered with buttons, so i'm finding it hard to do much at all with the player.

Jen C
28-09-2003, 02:22 PM
That appears to be a rather obscure model (according to a variety of seach engines :D). Even Sony's website doesn't have manuals available. I did find one reference to that model that someone had used in a home theatre, presume you saw those pictures :O

Anyway, as it seems to be an older model you could alway give the local Sony reps a call and see if they can help.

vk_dre
28-09-2003, 05:34 PM
thanks Jen, i was affraid of that, my dad bought that VCR like in 1995, and we kinda forgot where we put it wen we moved, but i found it yesterday after all these years :D and searched the net before posting this topic and not any succesful results, i will give Sony a call, but i doubt they will have any documents to do with my rather old VCR. :D

Billy T
28-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Have a look at This Site (http://www.oh-bugger.net.nz/eric/tune_in.html#sony) by E.ric (who used to offer advice here a while back but hasn't been seen for a while). You may glean some information from his tuning instructions.

VCR models by one manufacturer are usually pretty generic in their tuning methods so the absence of any specific instructions from E.ric suggests that all Sonys are similar. You need to get the on-screen display up to see what is happening, and that means getting the TV tunes to the VCR output. The simplest way to do this is to put in a known video tape and watch the screen/listen for the sound as you tune. I assume you have the tuning instructions for your TV.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)