PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Dialup Problems

bba12
28-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi All

I have a home PC with dialup access via Xtra or Paradise. Never a problem with Xtra but frequent disconnects and hanging connections with Paradise. MUCH contact with Paradise via phone and email but so far no solution. Anyone else had these problems / any suggestions? I run XP Home Ed'n on an Athlon XP 1900+. I use Outlook Express, IE and Mozilla and the problem occurs with all of these.

Thanks in advance

Murray P
28-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Why do you need 2 accounts? If xtra is working fine drop paradise and save some $$. is the line you are using Telecoms or Saturn, I'm assuming your using the same line for both accounts? have you had a look at the Paradise setup documents (http://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/pages/main/setup.html) they're pdf so you'll need Acrobat or similar to read them.

Cheers Murray P

bba12
29-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks Murray

Got Xtra because paradise was unreliable. Kept paradise because bigger, free homepage space there. Will have a look at the setup docs, didn't know they existed. Press F1 to the rescue again:)

Thanks again

BBA

Greg S
29-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Maybe ditch both and join Orcon? Same reliability as Xtra, plus same free homepage space as Paradise

Scotty D
29-09-2003, 10:29 PM
I find it hard to believe in this day and age u think its FREE? I am sure u pay monthly for all services whether they call them free or not. Paradise has never been the same since the big sale. I have always been with them but they don't take the hints that they need to lift there performance to what they used to! They used to answer the helpdesk sop fast.... but hahahah dont make me laugh thats why i bought a speaker phone.