PDA

View Full Version : Ultra ATA Storage driver

Kenny
26-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I run win 98 SE with Norton system works 2001. for the last 2 yrs I have been running Norton Speed disc to defrag my C drive. for apparent no reason an alert message popped up and said " The Intel Ultra ATA Storage Driver you are using is incompatible with speed disc. Update your driver at HTTP//support.intel.com & run Speed disc again." I accessed intel & they say they no longer support this product with updates......What do I do now?

Spacemannz
28-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Well the only thing u can do, is not to use Speed disc. Uninstall it, and defrag in safe mode.

What exactly is the Ultra ATA storage?? hdd's or RAID or something?

tweak\'e
28-09-2003, 02:57 PM
what motherboard are you useing?

exLL
28-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Do you use the Google search engine? I recommend it, you learn a lot from it. I typed the words; Ultra ATA Storage driver, into Google and it came up with quite a few references. Bear in mind that some of the references could be old now and may be talking about the service as it was a couple of years ago.

Here is one of the web references that you might find interesting.

Click Here (http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/storagedrivers/ultraATA/)

Part way down that page is the following message:

*Note: The Intel® Ultra ATA Storage Driver has been replaced with the Intel Application Accelerator. We recommend that you consider using the Intel Application Accelerator moving forward.* (end of quote)

If you want a direct link to that Intel Applic. Accelerator, I have entered it here for you;

Click here (http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/)

Not being an expert, I am not suggesting that you act upon any of the above, if you are unsure post again and ask further questions.

Cheers :)

Kenny
28-09-2003, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't have a clue. I just run Norton system works and one day it decided to post the previous message. Thanks for your reply

Kenny
28-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Not sure but the mprocessor is Intel Family 6??????

thanks for trying to help me, but no fixeee yet?

Kenny
28-09-2003, 04:50 PM
I have done all this and did the download the newer version but still no help

Spacemannz
28-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Sometimes that Intel Accelerator thing can make things worse! It came
with my P4P800 BUT I didnt install. Works fine without it. And everything works fine too.