PDA

View Full Version : Quick Trademe Question

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 02:09 AM
I wanna buy a game..thats cheap...and the seller seems trustable from the comments on its name...
but i dont get paid for till the 8th of October...and this closes 28th sept?
would the buyer wait that long?
i cant ask in a question etc coz it mentions

You may NOT use this feature to swap email addresses, negotiate a price, make an offer to the seller, or bypass the auction process.

So yeah i dont wanna break ne rules...

I wondered if i could "buy now" and email immediately to the seller and explain that i wont be paid till 8th...and if they dont accept they can put back on sale when they check my e in morning...

what should i do?

Chilling_Silently
25-09-2003, 02:25 AM
No, that's not breaking any rules by asking if you can pay the Seller at that date.

Go right ahead and ask a question on the Auction if the Seller would mind, and if they post back, then by all means bid :-)

In asking that, you're not swapping email addresses, negotiating, making an offer (price-wise) or bypassing the auction process.

I dont think they would appreciate being told after you've used Buy-Now that you cannot pay up-front however. I would suggest you ask a question and wait for the reply

Cheers

Chill.

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 02:29 AM
Hey Chills..
Thanks heapz for that...
:D

how do u bypass the auction process anyway? not that i care but yeah...

metla
25-09-2003, 03:04 AM
i disagree :D

Its the the trademe rules that if you win an auction you have 3 days to complete the transaction,By bidding and then refusing to pay untill it suits you then you are breaking that rule.

however,asking the bidder if you can pay on a date that suits you if you win the auction and you get a positve responce then no rules are broken.

ask first before you bid.

metla
25-09-2003, 03:05 AM
wait,what am i disagreeing about?.....guess i should have read chillies reply.

............ha

Oh well,its late and i have work to carry on with....

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Oh lol..
well i cant find the rules anywhere..
it just said u gotta pay what u won and if nothing happens, buyer contacts trademe and negative feedback is posted...

anyway i've put a question in, said that i wanna buy it but cant "complete" transcation till the 8th of october...and that if he doesnt want me to do that its fine with me...

at least i'm honest with when i can buy etc :)

metla
25-09-2003, 03:17 AM
hmmm,i think i may go check the rules myself.

I bid on and won an auction a few months back where the seller put bad comments on my profile,refused to go thru with the transaction and sent me quite spiteful mail because i hadn't contacted him by the second day after the auction finished,By the time i recieved his email(recieved it while in the process of contacting him about making payment) he had relisted the item and told me to either re-bid or drop dead.

I was forced to present him with a copy of the rules stating i had 3 days to make the purchase in order to convince him that he was in the wrong and to remove the slander from my profile.

geeees.....i ramble on in the early hours.

Whole lot of drama over a 4 dollar auction i tells ya.

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 03:23 AM
$4...man that must have been a lot of drama...
this one is $45...
its totally fine wif me if he doesnt wanna wait 2 weeks...
i just thought good manners would pay off sometimes and no harm in trying now eh...
anyway....i told myself i be off 2 bed at 1...and its now 2:20..arrgh
better get off now...

thanks for ya help 2nite...early morning :) will message ya if theres a response to email :D...

catch ya lata....

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 11:34 AM
SELLER'S ANSWER:
Thats fine. I don't mind when you pay.

all's good :D