PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Mobile Numbers

csinclair83
24-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey...
I'm getting texts that i dont want to get and stuff like that...
how can mobile numbers be blocked? is it even possible?

If not...is it cheap to change mobile numbers? I only have 4 people that i "need/want" to text.....so changing it wont be a big hassle for me?

I'm with telecom by the way... (I'm asking as i cant find any info on telecom.co.nz website)

BootyLicious
24-09-2003, 11:22 PM
I would ring telecom and ask them .

Pheonix
24-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Small problem there BootyLicious, Chris is deaf.

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 12:04 AM
hey there...
thanks for remembering phonix...and booty dont be sorry u probably didnt know :-)

And since u reckon i just ring telecom, i'm just gonna go into one of the 5 mobile stores we have in rotorua...wont be short of help :) (if theres 5 in rotorua..wonder how many in auckland alone)

Just thought i'd see if theres any way of doing it without having to contact telecom at all..guess not eh...

thanks anyway guys

godfather
25-09-2003, 12:47 AM
I am sure such a thing as blocking numbers is possible at the network interface level

However being possible and being available are 2 separate things.
At a manual configuration level its likely possible, but the cost of implementing and changing the options would be too terrible to contemplate.

Consider: You can't block numbers on your landline phone, so the liklihood of having the service available on a mobile will be low (or zero)

If you had a Vodafone 021, its as simple as buying a prepay pack toget a new number. I am sure Telecom can change the number (they could easily on the old 025 network) but check what the costs are for the service.

BootyLicious
25-09-2003, 01:25 AM
Small problem there BootyLicious, Chris is deaf. ( Now i know,i will ring for him.)

i will ring telecom for you tomorrow csinclair83 ;-) . Let you know what they say.

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 01:58 AM
hey booty...thanks for the offer..and i admit it would be appreciated...but seriously u dont have to but thanks :-)
i look forward to ur post from telecom...

and godfather...i thought u can block numbers from landline only if police involvement happens? or does the police just put out some order and the person listens to it...coz i always have thought telecom blocks numbers...but me..dont want them involved lol...

and i'm on a 027...had it on prepaid for 2 months now, and just changed it to a "anytime one bill" on saturday so i didnt have to keep topping it up to stay in credit...and its only $10 month text unlimited.... so yeah...

anyway...i'm off 2 bed now :D
nite all...

kirrie kiwi
25-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Is it possable to get an unlisted number like you can for your home phone.

Pheonix
25-09-2003, 09:24 AM
I hope it didn't sound like I was being sassy Bootylicious, I was only trying to let you know as Chris is quite a regular on this forum.

I can't see how they would block out incoming numbers either, and changing numbers is easily done in their software. But as GF has said, it will cost.

All unlisted means KK is that the number is not listed in the phone book that everyone gets. Interesting, in that you have to pay extra NOT to be in a book. :)

godfather
25-09-2003, 10:18 AM
> Is it possable to get an unlisted number like you can
> for your home phone.

All mobile numbers are "unlisted" in that sense.

There is no "phone book" for mobile numbers, if you want it listed in the normal phone book, you have to request it.

-=JM=-
25-09-2003, 11:36 AM
I get the odd strange message on my Vodafone as well. I'm sure that sometimes people give out the wrong number to stop people from hassling them for it ;) In my case it's a group of asians that sound as if they want to kill me :-\

csinclair83
25-09-2003, 11:40 AM
ur surely loved :P

i'm gonna go into a store this afternoon so yeah.... hope something can be done :)

BootyLicious
25-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I rang telecom .

Telecom said you can't block texting into your phone.

But they have a 0800-809-806 number for Malicious calls
(if you what to give me the info about the Texts you have been getting i can ring them for you csinclair83)

Changing your number.

You lose your Air time and it will cost you $40 but you get $20 air time on your prepay moblie.

Hope this helps

NetSafe
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi csinclair83,

As I was researching what phones are enabled for blocking numbers I came across your post :) What you will need is 4 unreplied to texts from this person in 7 days and you will need them to be stored in your phone. If you like you could email us at queries@netsafe.org.nz and we can help you out. :)

Trev
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
After nearly 4 and a half years I think they would of solved there problem by now.
:)

Term_X
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
:clap

Greven
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
After nearly 4 and a half years I think they would of solved there problem by now.

But someone else will have the same problem & now we can provide a solution.

roddy_boy
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

And I would of thought you'd learnt English by now.

DIAF, etc.

legod
02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
You'd think a Mr C Sinclair would have all the answers anyway.

ZX Spectrum = great memories :)

Renmoo
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi csinclair83,

As I was researching what phones are enabled for blocking numbers I came across your post :) What you will need is 4 unreplied to texts from this person in 7 days and you will need them to be stored in your phone. If you like you could email us at queries@netsafe.org.nz and we can help you out. :)
Thanks for the offer :)

k8t14
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
heya! I definately know 4 sure that you can block a persons phone if their phone is telecom also....

How would i know u ask? My x border split with her man and was sending nasty txts and ringing him up and abusing him and his new lady.

I find this quite hillarious but thats another story! n e ways all they had to do was hav 3 msgs or ph calls from her within a space of 7 days of ea other, the txts were the icing on the cake for as they were also able to do her for harassment!!!

lol long story short she ended up with a restraining order against her...

roddy_boy
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
wat

k8t14
13-02-2009, 12:58 AM
what do u mean?

k8t14
13-02-2009, 01:01 AM
geez am very sori think i replied to the rong thread my bad!

--Wolf--
13-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I think you're supposed to be in school learning to spell actually.

gary67
13-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Are you dyslexic?

hueybot3000
14-02-2009, 12:34 AM
i love old threads. may i ask though, how come all the users show up only as names and no post count etc? is that just cos that information wwasnt worth hangin onto?

R2x1
14-02-2009, 01:26 AM
i love old threads. may i ask though, how come all the users show up only as names and no post count etc? is that just cos that information wwasnt worth hangin onto?
The old posts were chiselled on slabs. Converting the cuneiform numbers to decimal was just too hard.