View Full Version : OT: (maybe) Spam K Porn

24-09-2003, 04:46 PM
I just received a spam e-mail advertising kiddy porn. It contains a couple of pictures with the faces of the child blanked out.

This is disgusting, what can i do about the spam message, I checked the police site but they don't accept e-mail complaints and I can't get down to the police station, whats more i don't want to print out the disgusting images.

I have not clicked, nor do I have any intention of clicking on any of the links it contains. As yet I haven't deleted the email as I am hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to track down the creep that sent it out so i can make use of a rust pair of scissors that I have lying around here on his private parts (and No I aint kidding, cos if I find him I fully intend to use them on him slowly).

If anyone has any sensible suggestions as to what to do about this spam message please let me know. Any smart ass comments keep them to yourself, just imagine how you would feel if it was your daughter that was posted in this e-mail.

24-09-2003, 05:14 PM
this my be a start


24-09-2003, 05:15 PM

24-09-2003, 05:42 PM
The Department of Internal Affairs (http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Censorship-Compliance-Censorship-and-the-Internet?OpenDocument) Might be able to help.

Jim B
24-09-2003, 06:22 PM
The best thing you can do if your ISP has a spam filtering program is to subscribe to it, at least you will not receive these emails in your inbox.
If you have received one you can expect to receive many more.

This sort of spam generally tends to have come from overseas and NZ law has no jurisdiction over them.
The Censorship Compliance Unit of Internal Affairs will attempt to deal
with the problem, but they almost always end up being reliant on the overseas local law enforcement agencies and this is not always succesful.

Spammers are well practiced in hiding their details so they can't be traced easily and the reality is sometimes they can't be traced.

You could email censorship@dia.govt.nz but the chances are they are already aware of this type of email and have attempted to trace the origin.

There is really not a lot more you can do as it is a world wide problem and if it was easy to stop spam then we would not all have this problem.

Consider changing your email address if it continues to be a problem

24-09-2003, 06:47 PM
This spam message came through Xtra. I don't get very much spam but it isn't the quantity that disgusts me, it is the content. X rated spam is bad enough but spam messgae like this one need to be dealt with harshly, I would like to know if it is possible to track down the sender using the message source information.

I'll go have a lok at the department of internal affairs website as well, thanks for the suggestion.

25-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Have a talk to Internal Affairs that monitor Objectional Material in New Zealand. Explain that you have received a kiddie porn message and ask if they want it forwarded on with message header details.

They will probably be interested even if the kiddie porn spam has come in from oversea's as they share information with other international agencies.

They will most likely want not just the email itself but a copy and paste of the full message header information which can be used to notify any ISP's that have been used as relays.

Chances are the true sender will be well hidden but the links etc might be useful to IA and those that they share information with.

25-09-2003, 03:46 PM
u should notify xtra incase its gone newhere else...
and then xtra should be the ones that contact the police and Internal Affairs...

theres been something on the news about what to do when u receive kids in porno...or go onto any websites and find it...but it was a while ago...

theres one other person u can contact...the child commissior...it used to be that real good guy but i think some lady is taking over..
anyway..thought i'd look for some info that might be helpful..this is the best i can do..

What can I do if I find something objectionable by accident?

The Department of Internal Affairs investigates and sometimes prosecutes people who deliberately collect objectionable material and find ways to distribute it to other people via the Internet. Occasionally, the nature of the Internet can lead to someone viewing objectionable material by accident.

If this happens to you, just leave the site immediately. If you have recorded the name of the site you can notify the Censorship Office at the Department of Internal Affairs: censorship@dia.govt.nz.

that came from this link (direct to censorship/internet safety) http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Censorship-Compliance-Censorship-and-the-Internet?OpenDocument

so i guess u can email them...i know if u forward that objectional material..they mite jump on u..so i duno how u would forward it...

also here...was on the netsafe website...
I have received emails advertising what is obviously child pornography ('pre-teen sex pics', etc.). Should I report this?

In the last year there has been a big increase in the number of New Zealanders getting spam email about objectionable material. Most of this material comes from countries where the purveyors feel relatively safe from prosecution. You can forward such emails to censorship@dia.govt.nz, especially if those emails have a .nz address. You can also just delete them.

So i guess u can just forward it on (both internal and netsafe give same address) and hope they do something i guess..


25-09-2003, 03:47 PM
btw: my attempt at pasting the link apparently didnt work as i tested it...
sorry guys...hope my info was helpful neway

Babe Ruth
25-09-2003, 03:54 PM

Your link ended up with a space character embedded (probably by PressF1) try the following link Censorship Compliance (http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Censorship-Compliance-Censorship-and-the-Internet)

Cheers, Babe.

25-09-2003, 03:57 PM
thanks baberuth for fixing it :D...and this would be off topic on this thread..how did u make it?....

25-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I got in contact with the Department of Internal Affairs and the matter is now in their hands. They will attaempt to trace the person(s) responsible and then contact the appropriate authorities in whatever country they trace it to. The Department of Internal affairs is the place to go should you get content such as this sent to you.

Once again thanks for your help in this.

25-09-2003, 06:22 PM
if it is the same website spam i got the other week there is nothing they can do about it as the porn comes from russia where they dont have child porn laws the same goes for nuia
i find the nz police and goverment dont care
so i dirrect all this info to the usa fbi and the anti child porn lobby of america
the website i sent to the fbi last week has been closed down and around 200 people arrested

27-09-2003, 01:21 AM
am just watching bbc news...
if ur porn was from germany..then u wont get it again..
they busted a child porno ring..involving 166 countries...and theres 190ish countries on earth so i'm pretty sure nz is one of the 166 countries involved...

27-09-2003, 09:03 AM
If I can ever be bothered with spam, I use NeoTrace Express (taken over by McAfee now, so it's kind of hard to get a copy of it, let alone register it) to trace the originating IP, and send off an email to abuse@domain.com (or something similar) after finding out who's network it came from (last piece of spam I complained about came from AOL and went to my new Orcon account; I haven't gotten a reply, but neither have I gotten more spam...).