PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson T610 or Sharp GX10i?

Chrono
23-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Which one would you buy?
Does the T610i really have a bad screen under the sun?

Thanks!

robo
23-09-2003, 08:15 AM
I have reviewed both phones and I have found the GX10 & 10i to be the most incomprehensible and difficult phones around. Sharp has spent years researching a range of "difficult to use" menus and their patented "non-intuitive buttons sequences"(NIBS) to produce a phone with a camera that won't let you text or email without an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite number of handsets.
I'd go for the T610,but that's just me.
robo.

Crunn
23-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Looked at the Motorola ? True it doesn't have a camera, but it's nearly $300 cheaper - got to be good !!

Crunn

SKT174
23-09-2003, 11:37 AM
There is really no comparision here, The features of T610 would blow Sharp away. Of course, that is if you utilise any of those functions.

T610 has Tri band, Bluetooth, Irda, GPRS, 65K color, 32 Poly Ringtone, Java ... If you have a laptop or PDA, this is the phone to get. A lot of software support which allows you to customise wallpaper, screen saver, ringtone ...etc.

Sharp on the other hand is not a bad phone, but just a really standard phone and it is a pain trying to get the pictures off the phone.

Chilling_Silently
23-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Nobody has mentioned the Nokia "Live" phone yet?

Personally, I cant stand those little buttons in the middle of the T610's.

Although in saying that I can too sympathise with the people saying the menu's on the GX10 and GX10i are not the best around ;-)

Why dont you go into a Vodafone shop and ask if you can take a look at a working model of both.

I did that when I was debating between an Alcatel or a Nokia 3315 with a friend. Waving the cash under their nose to let them know you were serious helped ;-)
We went with the 3315 (Just to finish the story :p)

Cheers

Chill.

Chrono
23-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks dudes, I went to 3 vodafone shops and none of them had working T610's, only one guy had his own GX10i. :(

I think I will go for the T610 anyways, thanks for your help! Damn Vodafone didnt txt me with the free $450 airtime, Ill just have to settle for the $300 free airtime :(.