PDA

View Full Version : geforce4 ti4200 + video capture??

cold_fu5ion
20-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi,
Ive got a geforce4 ti4200, and want to capture video form tv. Can I use the s-video plug on the card?
it is susposed to be video in/out, but when I try to capture video (using virtual dub) I get an error saying 'no video driver'. I can use it fine for PC to TV.
Should I be able to use this to capture video, or would I have to get a video capture card?

cold_fu5ion
20-09-2003, 05:00 PM
If I was to get a Tv capture card it wold be sown to these.

Winfast TV/FM Tuner (TV2000XP Deluxe) PCI Internal Capture Card with Remote Control $130
TV Execl TV PCI Internal Tuner PV-BT878P+ With Remote Control $75
or generic Dick Smith card for $99

Does anyone have any experience with these cards, or could recommend another one?

vk_dre
20-09-2003, 05:32 PM
I had the same problem, to use the input function u have to purchase the Blue coloured ViVO cable, only then will u be able to input video to u comp. I wonder why they dont supply the ViVo cable wit the card wen people buy it?

cold_fu5ion
20-09-2003, 05:50 PM
My graphics card did come with cables (three of them) they are.........

s-video plug that goes into my graphics card and splits in 3 ohers, video in(s video), video out(rca), and s video out,
I also got a male to male rca extension cord and
an s video to rca plug.
Are these of any help?

godfather
20-09-2003, 09:44 PM
My GF4 MX460 Vi/Vo card came with the software drivers, and the s-video plug to s-video in, s-video out and RCA in, RCA out.

Captures video just fine using the software that was bundled

vk_dre
20-09-2003, 11:40 PM
I dunno bout those cables cos all i was given was 2cables, only video out, none of them were video in, then after searchin and gettin help from other pressf1'ers i bought the blue ViVO cable and now everythin works fine

BIFF
21-09-2003, 12:21 PM
If you are using the detonator drivers you will need to install the Nvidia WDM drivers which are available from their website at:
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/WDM/NVIDIA_WDM_1.22.exe

I would suggest you use the latest detonators as well though I don't know if the WDM drivers have any dependancies on this however.