PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #68...Mantology...So, you didn't win a share in the $20 million?.....

Billy T
19-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Perhaps you need:

Mantology

Fortune-telling, for that unfair advantage ]:)

Or, you could become a Mantologist:

A fortune-teller, with pockets deep enough to swallow all your winnings!

So, over the next 10 weeks WFTWE will bring you new and innovative ways to ensure you win heaps of money. :)

First we brought you WFTWE #52 Spatilomancy (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=35530&message=166663&q=spatilomancy#166663) - Fortune-telling by observing animal droppings. :(

Now we bring you Gyromancy - Fortune-telling by walking in a circle until dizzy; the fortune is determined by where the person falls. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D
[b][pre]Well, it's very kind of you, but since you offered,
yes 10% of your winnings would be much appreciated thanks.
We take cheques, money orders, credit cards, and plain
brown-paper bags full of used bank notes, 50's are nice. :8}

stu140103
20-09-2003, 12:11 AM
> [b]Well, it's very kind of you, but since you
> offered,
> yes 10% of your winnings would be much appreciated
> thanks.
> We take cheques, money orders, credit cards, and
> plain
> brown-paper bags full of used bank notes, 50's are
> nice. :8}

lol!! hehehe :^O
]:) ;\

** Sorry about the formatting :| :8} **

mikebartnz
20-09-2003, 05:04 AM
You are a worry Billy T.

Billy T
20-09-2003, 10:43 AM
>You are a worry Billy T.

I do hope you are not related to Mrs T, Mike; she thinks I'm a worry too.

That's the problem with these cryptic Forum names, you never know if you carrying on some weird conversation with your incredibly antisocial ex axe-murdering next door neighbour, or the wife's brother (or sister :O) or even the boss :_|

A guy could lose sleep worrying about things like that...............or perhaps not. :|

Send money, I am in desperate need of help.:D

Cheers

Billy 8-{) B-) (Incognito)

Graham L
20-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Why not psychokinesis, so you can influence the balls as they are drawn?

Or ,as the stupid politicians are promising, "interactive televison" with digital transmission. I want a DESTRUCT button. The first to go would be the smarmy "presenters" on the Lotto draw. Their inane babble has been fixed ... the mute button does work.

It's amazing what half-arsed ideas the politicians spout about (remember Maurice and "500 channels television"?). There's not enough quality programming for half a channel. :D

Murray P
20-09-2003, 03:36 PM
> [pre]Well, it's very kind of you, but since you
> offered,
> yes 10% of your winnings would be much appreciated
> thanks.
> We take cheques, money orders, credit cards, and
> plain
> brown-paper bags full of used bank notes, 50's are
> nice. :8}

OK Billy T, that sounds like a good deal to me, we just need to flesh out some of the minor details before sign off. This is my proposal:

[b]26.1. This agreement and any contract arising herefrom is subject to and conditional upon:

i) Ten percent (10%) of all winnings are to be to the benefit of Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Billy T and payable by any means other than chickens, goats or bullocks or chattels. Used Fifty Dollar ($50.00) denominations but having consideration for for the preference of payment by used Fifty Dollar ($50.00) denominations and deliverable by means of a brown paper bag.

ii) Ninty percent (90%) of all winnings to be retained by Mr/Mrs/MS (strike out non applicable) Murray P.

iii) Conversely Ninty percent (90%) of all losses will be the responsibility of Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Billy T and will be payable by any means other than chickens, goats or bullocks or chattels but having consideration for for the preference of payment by used Fifty Dollar ($50.00) denominations and deliverable by means of a brown paper bag.

iv) All payments will be made within Five (5) working days of the official confirmation of the result regarding the event on which the wager was placed.

v) No correspndence will be entered into by the parties on the validity or otherwise of a result of an event heretobefore mentioned on which official confirmation has been provided and performance wavers shall not be considered.

vi) Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Murray P will be the sole arbitor of wagers placed on behalf of the parties and shall supply any stake moneys required to action said wager.

Signed on this ___________ (__)day of September in the year Two Thousand and Three (2003) in consideration of the clauses and conditions and bunch of old cobblers herein (the contract agreement and contract conditions) by the aforenamed parties and being the signatorys:

Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Billy T ........................................

Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Murray P ...................................

[pre]Page 1962[pre]

Jen C
20-09-2003, 04:11 PM
... is now a good time to mention how good [ pre ] tags can go bad? :D The infamous missing [ / pre ] tag :p

Another small [ pre ] tip .. you need to put in your own line breaks of appropriate lengths otherwise the page goes veerrrrryyyy wide - in case you hadn't noticed :D

wonders whether she can claim a slice of this commission for
professional services [ pre ] tips rendered ...?

Murray P
20-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I'll write the contract now Jen. Ninty percent (90%) of Billys portion ok with you?

Cheers Murray ;P

Jen C
20-09-2003, 04:45 PM
hmm .... I think Ninty percent (90%) of Billy's share could be considered reasonable B-)

However, I think it should be written in that ..

"Addition to clause 26.1 page 1962 ..."
// - 26.1b - as agreed herewithin Jen will be entitled to Ninty percent (90%) of all entitlements acquired under subclause 26.1 (i)
// - but subclause 26.1 (iii) is not applicable to the additional clause 26.1b.
Yes, I think that should be OK with me (don't know about Billy though) :D

Murray P
20-09-2003, 05:32 PM
> // - 26.1b - as agreed herewithin Jen will be
> entitled to Ninty percent (90%) of all entitlements
> acquired under subclause 26.1 (i)
> // - but subclause 26.1 (iii) is not applicable to
> the additional clause 26.1b.[/code]
> Yes, I think that should be OK with me (don't know
> about Billy though) :D

You really should extract the applicable phrase is clause (iii) but never the less its acceptable to me. Put your mark in the appropriate space allocated below. You'll need to initial the other 1961 pages as well.

[pre]Signed on this ___________ (__)day of September in the year Two Thousand and Three (2003) in consideration of the clauses and conditions and bunch of old cobblers herein (the contract agreement and contract conditions) by the aforenamed parties and being the signatorys:

Mr/Mrs/Ms (strike out non applicable) Jen C ........................................

Page 1963 appended to page 1962

Billy T
21-09-2003, 11:26 PM
*Cough*

I think you may have missed something Murray.:D

An essential element in any contract is consideration,
and that has been supplied by Billy T's Mantology (2003) Ltd
in the form of prescient gaming advice.

By my reckoning I get my 10% of your winnings by virtue of prior
supply of technical assistance, while accepting the risk that I will receive nothing. You in turn accept the risk that your investment will bomb, but recognise your obligation to pay if it comes in a winner.

Seems fair to me. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Murray P
23-09-2003, 09:35 PM
*cough...Cough*

No nothing missed Billy. Just hoping that perhaps some minor details in the fine print may have been bypassed by your good self. A microscopic examination of page 1215 may reveal your rights.

Cheers Murray ;P