PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express - forgot password!

Jay Gee
19-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Help! I'm leaving my current employment in a weeks time and am tidying up my work pc. I haven't used Outlook Express on my work pc for a couple of years and had forgotten about it until I did some updates and it popped back up on my desktop. I tried to delete my identity but I've forgotten the password ... soooooo the question is how can I get in without the password to delete any emails and then ultimately my identity?

godfather
19-09-2003, 01:49 PM
You ask your system administrator to do this.

Be aware that in many companies, all access to computer systems are severely restricted once an employee has tendered their resignation, for that employee.

It varies from company to company, however its usually always part of the IT administration security policy.

Jay Gee
19-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks but there's only one pc here in the office (sole charge position). I read up on the Outlook Express help section, re passwords it said that they were not that good a security means and it was quite easy for people to get into my identity without the password ... just trying to find that "easy" way to do it.

godfather
19-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Understood. You are the "system administrator"!

I never use Outlook Express, and am sure there will be ways to hack into it, however it would be a bit disappointing if someone gave those instructions on a public forum such as this.

What version of Windows? If its XP, then deleting your windows log-in will wipe out all your files under "documents and settings" including the outlook express files I suspect.