PDA

View Full Version : Can not find iexplore.exe

gerrypics
18-09-2003, 03:20 PM
On a windows 95 computer when trying to view jpegs a dialoge box says "cannot find iexplore". Can someone help me fix this. Thank you.

Murray P
18-09-2003, 04:22 PM
IE is used on the computer, does it give you a browse to location option or is it just an error mesage?
Have you tried, right click Open With.
Change the file association to something else like Mozilla Firebird :) or Ifanview. If you do use IE as your browser, I take it that there is no problem viewing jpeg's on the net?
Try reinstalling IE (don't know if there is a repair option for IE in Add/Remove Programs under win95)

Cheers Murray P

Susan B
18-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Have a look at this post (http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/sis/techboard/messages/8627.html) that I found with Google.

gerrypics
18-09-2003, 08:08 PM
I didnt have much luck finding a download for iexplore.exe but have loaded irfanview which works as well as it can on this computer.
Thanks guys, have a good day.

Murray P
18-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Got the latest PC Wrld mag Gerry, shame on you if you haven't. Anyway on it's CD are IE 6 with SP 1 and more importantly Mozilla Firebird :)

Cheers Murray P

gerrypics
18-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Trouble is Murry this thing dosen't even have a cd rom. I think thats why Noah threw it over the side in the first place. I am really only trying to set it up for a some what elderly person who wants to have a dabble at email & internet. Looks like its going to be alright for what they want.

Murray P
18-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Oh! :o