PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger and SMS Services?

JamesStewart
17-09-2003, 05:19 PM
I have notive two or three people on my MSN contact list have the little phone next to their picture. I looked through Microsoft and saw that you can send SMS to "mobil devices" from MSN. BUT when I try to set it up, New Zealand isn't on the list of countries. The people on my contact list are in New Zealand. I don't know if they can recieve the messages I am sending (can't be bothered waiting for them to sign on) but does any one know if you can do this in New Zealand?

Chilling_Silently
17-09-2003, 05:42 PM
IIRC, that's only for the US/Canada.

I had somebody try and send me one, it just appeared as an email in my inbox :-(

Get ICQ for that :-)

agent
17-09-2003, 06:28 PM
You mean your Vodafone email inbox? That's what happened when I tried to set it up, except I didn't check my Vodafone inbox for a long time.

JamesStewart
17-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Er, wot are you on about? I am talking about text some one from MSN Messenger to their cell phone.

Chilling_Silently
17-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Nope, my Hotmail Inbox.

This was around 3 months ago mind you, back before I'd switched to Orcon, but yeah.. They sent it from within Messenger and it went to my Hotmail Inbox.. weird!?!

supergran
17-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I don 't think you can do it from MSN, but you can send messages to 021 phones from the vodafone site, and from ICQ. And yes, they do go to the phone, not a mail box. ;\

JamesStewart
17-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Yes yes, I know that.... jsut forget it, it looks like you can't do it from MSN.