PDA

View Full Version : Display Properties

caffy
14-09-2003, 11:29 AM
The other day, I was looking at my friend's computer (a Compaq), and looked in the Display properties, and noticed (under the Appearance tab) that there was an "add more" button (or words to the similar effect) next to the Windows and Buttons drop down menu. Clicking on that would send you to a website where u could download more styles for windows XP.

Now, I'm on another XP computer (similar to my one at home), and I checked to see if it also had an "add more" button. To my surprise, it doesnt. There's only Windows XP Style, and Windows Classic Style.

How would my friend have gotten that feature on her computer? Could someone please tell me how I can get this feature on computers that doesn't have it?

thanks

minos#2
14-09-2003, 12:14 PM
either its due to SP1 ( which I doubt ) or she had a "theme" type software installed or lastly mabe it's due to the graphics card/driver she has installed...

:)

caffy
14-09-2003, 03:03 PM
thanks for your reply.

My friend doesn't know much about computers so doubt she would have installed a "theme" program. If my memory serves correct, she just went to shop and bought a compaq pc, and took it home.

Hmm, I will look around on the internet, for this particular feature...

caffy
14-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Can't find any websites that you can download stuff from, to change the style of the computer.

In google i type in "Styles for Windows XP" and most of the websites are like wallpapers for the desktop. I don't want that, I want to change the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

So what should i type in to find that specifically?

Jen C
14-09-2003, 07:23 PM
You could find out from your friend what website opened when she clicks "Add More", and from that the program she has installed. Also, if she goes through her Add/Remove list you could probably figure out what the program is called.

godfather
14-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Its probable that the "enhancement" has been added to the XP system by the OEM when they configure the package.

Its then part of the XP system, for that PC.