PDA

View Full Version : Word 2000

zqwerty
09-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Hello there,
I often use Word 2000 to save text from sites I view on the internet. Each time I do WINWORD.EXE wants to get out onto the internet and probably check for updates. I am happy with it as it is having been bitten by updates before. Is there a way to stop this happening? I have looked at General settings and switched of likely culprits but no change in behavior. The main reason I don't like this is because when I tell Zone Alarm not to allow the program to get to the internet about 90% of the time my computer locks up and does the blue screen of death. My system is working fine otherwise (Win98SE), a few other problems I had have been resolved by advice from people here, here's hoping you, whoever you are can help again.
Thanks in advance for trying anyway.
Regards Rob.

tommy
09-09-2003, 10:04 PM
It appears that happens because the information you are trying to paste include links. Because Word supports HTML it will try to recreate everything you are attempting to paste, and might need, or want, to access the net to retrieve it all. The next time it wants to do this select No, and check the option to "Remember" your answer. This should get rid of the popup.

falvrez
10-09-2003, 07:37 AM
when you go to paste, don't just click on the paste button, this carries over all formating including hyperlinks etc,
In Word click on edit-paste specical then unformatted text. This will solve your problem.

zqwerty
10-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Yep, you are right, I just tried it and everything behaved very well.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Regards Robert.