PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Q17 monitors

Chao is back
01-09-2003, 08:10 PM
I was wondering if there is a difference between Hyundai Q17A LCDs and Hyundai Q17B LCDs? Since on Tom's Hardware it says it is Hyundai Q17A, however some NZ retailers label them Hyundai Q17B and the official Hyundai ImageQuest site just has Hyundai Q17.

So I was wondering whether this difference in model number is just some international thing i.e. Toms Hardware is Q17A because its in the states. or whether there is some real differences between the models.

Mike
01-09-2003, 09:02 PM
One might just be a newer build (probably same technology in a newer piece of plastic).

For example I have 2 Gateway EV500 screens. On the outside they look quite different, yet they both are pretty much the same screen. Looking through the details (I think it was on the Gateway site, hidden in the deep-dark...) I find that one of the screens (the older looking one) is an EV500A, and the newer one (built a year later according to the date on the sticker on the back) is an EV500B.

Mike.

Chao is back
01-09-2003, 09:41 PM
So u r saying that the 2 monitors (theoretically) shouldn't have any major differences such as response time both should still be 20ms since they're both of the Q17 series just manufactured during different times?

Mike
01-09-2003, 09:44 PM
IMO there's probably not much difference. But that's going on my knowledge on the two screens I've got - I have no experience with Hyundai screens :)

Mike.

joe90ak
01-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi Chao,

be careful if you order a Hyundai Q17. All reviews said they were 'best for the price'. I looked at the Hyundai site and they had them on Dick Smith site, so I purchased one off DS a couple of months ago.

They were shown on Hyundai site as having built in USB hub and being digital (DVD-I I think). The pics on both sites showed the USB on the base, but when I got my monitor it was analogue only and no USB hub.

To make things worse the brightness control didn't work (apparently this is common with this model) and made it really hard to stare at the bright screen.

Dick Smith took the monitor back and I've gone back to my faithful CRT.

I strongly advise you make them get one in so you can see it going and check it's what you want.

The monitor was advertised as Q17A.

I hope this helps