PDA

View Full Version : Integrated wifi

charlie_niner
28-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi all - a stupid question perhaps, but one I have been unable to find an answer to on the net elsewhere...

I have a Toshiba TE2000 running XP Pro which I am led to understand has an integrated wifi antenna. It has a switch on the side to turn this functionality on and off.

What I can not figure out is whether I need to purchase additional hardware (such as a wireless lan card) to make use of this, or whether I already have everything I need and I just nee to configure it?

I have searched through my Device Manager and have been unable to spot anything even resembling a wireless lan device, and I have tried setting up a new connection but there is no option to set up a wireless connection (other than infrared).

Can someone confirm whether I need to purchase a wireless lan card?

Cheers
Craig

Murray P
28-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Look in the BIOS and see if you need to enable it there, if you have it. Check the model at the manufacturers site to see if it does actually have WiFi or if it was just an option on the model. Did you have a driver/utility disc that came with the laptop, any clues in there?

Cheers Murray P

Murray P
28-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Also, I would guess you would need a wireless gateway/modem.

Cheers Murray P

lflashl
03-01-2008, 01:31 AM
there no wifi card installed, u need to go out and buy and install one, most new laptops have a cover for this, but for this model you need to take everything out ( i have the same model giving to me by a good mate and wish to get wifi install so i may use it on the go and at home.) i never found a cover to install the wifi card, and still looking to find a model that can install and work for my laptop.

Erayd
03-01-2008, 02:15 AM
This thread is over three years old...

lflashl
03-01-2008, 02:26 AM
WOW

jason_f90
03-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Hahahahaha geez, lay off the weed :P

wratterus
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
3? More like 5.