PDA

View Full Version : Kerio Firewall - Brings up Internet Dial-up Connection Box at PC Start up.

Milkbottle
23-08-2003, 02:51 AM
Hi, can anyone help with the following question.
I have had Kerio running for the past week using Win 98/IE6. All is going well until the last few days. When I start the PC up, Kerio brings up the Internet connection (Dialup) Box which then tries to connect to the Internet as I have the (Connect Automatically) field ticked. The same thing happens if I disable kerio from the start-up and manually start it using Start-Programs- Kerio-etc
I can't find anything in the help file that explains this event, so any Ideas on what is causing this process to occur?

Greg S
23-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Have a look if it's trying to auto-update... right-click on the icon, click Administration, Miscellaneous, and see if the Check for new versions... box is ticked

Fire-and-Ice
23-08-2003, 09:01 AM
A rather unusual problem - what version of Kerio are you using? It could be trying to check for updates. In the Miscellaneous preferences remove the tick from this option.

Milkbottle
23-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Am using Ver 2.1.5, have disabled the auto - update but still no joy. I have saved the conf settings so I think my next step would be to re-install. This problem I think has occured since installing the latest ie6 critical update pack. "330994: April 2003, Security Update for Outlook Express 6 SP1". As far as IE6 goes, it is running fine.

Cheers.

Peter H
23-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Have a look here.http://blarp.com/faq/faqmanager.cgi?toc=kerio
Seem to have read on this forum, that 2.1.5 has some problems, and 2.1.4 is better.
Bye