PDA

View Full Version : "No secondary channel no. 80 conductor installed"

Term_X
22-08-2003, 06:25 PM
hi folks ;-)

jus recently i replaced my old cd writer (6x) to a faster one (40x) all i did was unplug the power and ide cable take out the old writer, put the new writer in and plugged in the power and cable again, set it to slave as per the old writer and then on bootup where it detects the drives and the cd roms etc.. eg detects the primary master and secondary master and then it gets to the the secondary slave which is the cd writer theres another message below it which says " No secondary channel no. 80 conductor installed" and then boots as per normaL into windows, now ive tested the new writer and evrything goes sweet..burning etc ..reading..playing audio cds..

what i want to know is..what exactly does that message mean?. and is it something to worry about?.. it wasnt there with the old writer installed. jus for info the secondary master is a dvd rom which is working as per normal

someone help!

cheers

p.s. if ur reading this chilling silently..thanks for ur help the other time with my hard drive..it was a dud!

tweak\'e
22-08-2003, 06:32 PM
your new writer proberly supports ata66 as does your motherboard. install an 80wire ide cable as it will make the cd and dvd run better.

Term_X
22-08-2003, 06:52 PM
cheers tweak'e! ill use the cable that came with the cd writer

;-) ;-)