PDA

View Full Version : Grphics Card Drivers

Hawk
20-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi all

I recently installed a GeForce 4 Ti4200 Graphics card with the drivers that come on the cd...

now as I look through Winfox and see I can get updates for winfox and also driver updates.......

I also see on the website there are driver updates just for geforce4 cards..

Seems very confusing figuring out what updates to get and how to get them? through the program or off the website? Should I just get every update I can see/find?

Someone who has one of these cards or knows the answer please help

Thanks
Shannon

Peter H
20-08-2003, 05:04 PM
If they are working OK, leave them alone. Some updates are only to fix odd problems with some software.
Bye

Chilling_Silently
20-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Peter>
I would agree with that for most things, except Graphics Card drivers!

I would advise you to goto http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers from there.

IIRC, the Ti range is still part of the GeForce chipset, but rather than it being an MX, it's a Ti.

Also, check the MS website for Direct X 9.0b, as both combined will give you a great improvement in gaming performance!

tweak\'e
20-08-2003, 09:51 PM
with the leadteks i would get the latest driver and winfox they have for that video card on the leadtek site. you could get the latest nivida dets BUT they may not play nicely with the winfox program.

it also depends on what you use the pc for. i still use the older 30.82 due to the later ones having poor video (avi,mpeg,etc) quality.

Chilling_Silently
20-08-2003, 09:58 PM
I've used the newer ones fine on my MX 440SE-T?
And they're mainly used for playing Vidz etc.!