PDA

View Full Version : PC Company Case

Waylander
19-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi, yes I know the first mistake was to buy a PC Company machine.....but luckily it dosen't belong to me ;-), but, a friend has asked me to install a combo optical drive.....of course I said sure......but I don't know how to open the damn case. As far as I can tell it looks like the case has been sealed using revits.......I suppose this is their pitiful attempt to make the buyer pay them earth to install new hardware. So if any you guys can help me I'd appreciate it.

Fire-and-Ice
19-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Have you tried removing the plastic front cover? There may be a "latch" underneath to unhook it.

Hawk
19-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi,

When i first looked at a PC Company case I also thought they had closed it with rivots, but actually no ..

If you take the front plastic panel off , you will see 2 screws that you need to unscrew to take off the side panel also the case may have some screws at the back you'll need to take out, then unscrew the 2 screws holding the motherboard panel in, and then the side should swing outward on a hinge.

Hopefully that should help.

Curly
19-08-2003, 04:57 PM
At the bottom of the case, below the floppy drive, you will find a "cutout" in the plastic. Carefully pull the bottom of the panel straight out towards you.

The front panel will come away, two screws holds the side panel in place.

Simple Huh ? :-)

yang11
19-08-2003, 06:01 PM
I normally stick a srewdriver in and prick it open. but never too much force.

Thomas
19-08-2003, 07:03 PM
rivets

the highlander
19-08-2003, 08:49 PM
For all the loathing I have for PC company comps I have to admit that the front cover is the best feature. You can yank those suckers off with a quick snatch and slam them back on again with a hefty smash :-) It never seems to bother them. In fact they are such a good fit you don't really need to screw the side covers down.
Pity about the rest of the case though.

PoWa
19-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Haha well I went thru the same ordeal when I wanted to install something in my machine. And yea the people here have provided some useful info.

You just lift the front of the machine up a little, jamm your hand underneath, grab on, and in one motion pull the front cover off. Unscrew the screws on the side that has a 'warranty void' label on them.