PDA

View Full Version : msblast work?

Beef
15-08-2003, 08:08 PM
did msblast do its job?

cause i cant get into windowsupdate.com it first said HTTP/1.1 Server Too Busy then it said Service Unavailable

maybe my internet is chugging..cause www.pressf1.co.nz WOULD NOT load for about 5 mins

Beef
15-08-2003, 08:11 PM
now it says HTTP 400: Bad Request

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.windowsupdate.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 400 - Bad Request
Internet Explorer

stu140103
15-08-2003, 08:59 PM
> did msblast do its job?

I do not think so, it is tomorow :)

> cause i cant get into windowsupdate.com it first said
> HTTP/1.1 Server Too Busy then it said Service
> Unavailable

it is fine now (7:40 pm)

-=JM=-
15-08-2003, 11:25 PM
> > did msblast do its job?
>
> I do not think so, it is tomorow :)

Not everyones clock is set correctly ;)
There is a power crisis in the states at the moment as well, you're not the only one that is having trouble.

metla
15-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Did it work?

hell,it wiped out the power for half the usa,made it rain and ruined the wifes sponge cake.....

vk_dre
16-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Tomorrow is judgement day. I wonder how big the celebrations will be..............:D

hamstar
16-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Does it actually hurt your computer? And does it only shutdown when you connect to the net?

.ham

robsonde
16-08-2003, 01:28 AM
the current version will only goive you problems by shutting down your system.

this does not let you off the hook,the worm is designed to spend a few days spreading lots (which it did ) then on the 16th it will kill the windowsupdate.com site with a DoS attack.

if you dont have the patch by now you might have problems getting it because of server overloading.

Terry Porritt
16-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Millions of people all over the world will be trying to log onto the Update site for the next 2 days to see if the worm is working, thus doing the job for the worm.

It wont matter whether the worm works or not :)

Beef
16-08-2003, 10:05 AM
well www.windowsupdate.com just says bad request now...

but http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp works :)

Jim B
16-08-2003, 10:18 AM
If you just want the patch go to MS Downloads

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

-=JM=-
16-08-2003, 11:40 AM
That is a good point Terry. I see that MS have taken windowsupdate.com offline now as well. It was an old domain that shouldn't be used anyway.

How long before the other variants are attacking the correct places.

PoWa
16-08-2003, 06:06 PM
I get it. MS took out the power to half the US, so the US's computer's wouldn't have any power to attack windowsupdate :)