PDA

View Full Version : OT-Connecting TV to Stereo

XOtagoScarfie
15-08-2003, 07:04 PM
What am I missing? I tried to connect my new 32" widescreen (yippie) to my stereo using the aux input onto our old stereo and I do get sound through them but I have to turn the volume up real loud on the stereo and thus get a hum as well. Using gold tipped harmony cables from DSE.
(not component or optical just red and white cables ?RCA)

Any help? or suggestions

roofus
15-08-2003, 07:19 PM
No amplification is your problem,
The question is where is the lack of amplification? on the stereo or on the tv. if possible try connecting it up to another stereo and see if its louder.

godfather
15-08-2003, 08:32 PM
What terminals are you using on the TV, to get the audio output from?

Not all TVs have audio output AV terminals, but if it has it should match the Stereo Aux input OK. (Most TVs have Audio in AV terminals, but you wont get much out of them)

XOtagoScarfie
15-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Nope I'm using the audio out. It has three scart connectors for input with adaptors for svideo,cvbs,rgb etc

I think it might be the amplification issue but i don't have an alternate stereo...Hmmm Can anyone think of a cheap option (as I pushed the limit with my wifey buying the tv)

Cheers

tweak\'e
15-08-2003, 09:02 PM
check if the output is adjustable via the tv's menu's.

XOtagoScarfie
15-08-2003, 09:46 PM
nope tried that, cheers for the idea though

Heather P
16-08-2003, 11:32 PM
old stereo... aux

Now I seem to remember that things like record players used a different amplifying system (lower volume or some such).

Got any other input jacks to the stereo you can use?

b1naryb0y
17-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Does your stereo allow you to change the aux input volume?

On my stereo this is quite seperate from the master volume, and can effect the sound quality/volume quite alot. Try having a look in your manual.

dotcommander
20-08-2003, 03:45 PM
on my stereo with the phono button on i can hear it ok but with the phono button clicked off comes thru louder and clearer otherwise try connectiong it to different plugs in the back...

XOtagoScarfie
20-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for all the help people but no such luck. Guess I will have to start saving my pennies for a new stereo system

Cheers

SKT174
20-08-2003, 05:35 PM
umm.. you should try connecting VCR or CD player or Sky to the Aux In of your Stereo to see if it works, thus isolating whether it's the Aux In is not working properly or the Aux Out of the TV has a problem. :)