PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID

Berumba
14-08-2003, 04:18 PM
I bought a caller ID landline phone from Malaysia (I know I know no telepermit yada yada!!) anyway the caller ID doesn't work. The manual says the phone supports FSK type caller ID. Anyone know about this? Can I buy some kind of adapter or otherwise get this phone's caller ID working?

As an alternative anyone know of a PC modem that supports caller ID and name tagging from a database like outlook?

robsonde
14-08-2003, 04:30 PM
don't knock me but......

you know you have to ask for the service form telecom, its not running by default on your line.

as for the phone, I see not problems as to why it shoudent work.

Berumba
14-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your reply,
Yep we do have telecoms caller ID service and it works fine on our other phones. The new Malaysian phone works well too except for the caller ID?

robsonde
14-08-2003, 04:50 PM
you could try and ask telecom if FSK is ok for NZ use.

parry
14-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Your better phoning Telecom I think as it would be much quicker, but I see theres a telepermit site http://www.telepermit.co.nz/nlindex.html

Good luck :-)

godfather
14-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Its not just the FSK or DTMF issue either, NZ Caller ID signal comes in between the first and second ring cadence, where many overseas countries have their Caller ID signal before the first ring cadence.

If it doesn't work its unlikely to be able to be made to go, will have the wrong chipset in it.