PDA

View Full Version : Systemworks

charmed
14-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone! I have just bought a brand new sparkly dell computer and its great (despite getting that bloody virus immediately when set up-I thought the operating system had not been installed properly and reinstalled it grrr) anyway I have a copy of 2001 Nortons systemworks that I purchased (and never used on my old computer) Will it work on XP-I really doubt it will but would like this confirmed by a techie. Thanks all :O)

charmed
14-08-2003, 12:21 PM
HELLO! Anyone out there-would appreciate some advice on this one people :)

stu140103
14-08-2003, 01:32 PM
You can always try it & see if it works, there is no harm trying :)

Kame
14-08-2003, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't try it as 2001 or was it 2002 had some messing about to get that to work on XP, I'd call Symantec and ask about their upgrade deals.

I can't remember the exact problem but I knew it required disabling a few hardware and services until they released a patch for it. Who knows, install it, update it and it may work.

garyasta
14-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Hi Charmed

If I remember correctly, you need to log on to Symantec website to download a patch that will allow winxp to run older Systemworks.

I think you can do a search on "Windows XP problems" and that could show what is needed to run with winxp.

Cheers
Gary

agent_24
21-08-2003, 11:10 PM
anyway, if you do get systemworks running on XP - DONT use the norton windoctor - it wrecks your system sounds - well it did it to me anyway. just a helpful bit of advice incase that happens to you - youll know what did it.