PDA

View Full Version : TV card?

Mantis
14-08-2003, 12:53 AM
I have a GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8x....

I have read the manual that came with my card as well as looked at the Nividia web site but I am still unable to find out whether I can watch TV on my computer with this card or not? Is this even possible?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mantis

godfather
14-08-2003, 09:05 AM
I assume your card has TV-out, which is the reason you ask?

That does not imply your card can decode and display TV signals, just that you can output your on-screen display to the AV input of a TV, to watch things like DVDs on a TV. If 7your card has Video in as well, you could connect the AV output of a TV or Video to your card, to watch the event on your PC. Its still not actually using your PC to receive TV however

If you want to watch TV on the PC, you need to buy a TV card. Its quite a separate thing from a graphics card such as your MX440 SE

vk_dre
14-08-2003, 11:32 PM
I had the same problem with recognising wot it could do, look on the external ports of the card, if u see the words "ViVO" anywhere then ur card has Video In & Video Out feature, even if those words arent there just look on the back of the card for outputs similar to the 9 pin mouse conector and AVI conector.

cheers,
v.K