PDA

View Full Version : Finding which patches have been applied to Win XP

Geebee99
13-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Is it possible to tell what patches etc have been applied to the Win XP OS on my computer?

If yes how?

stu140103
13-08-2003, 07:29 PM
> Is it possible to tell what patches etc have been
> applied to the Win XP OS on my computer?
>
> If yes how?

if you can get to the windows update website under after you do check to see what update are need there should be on the left had side "other options” then there should be "View installation history"

Hope this helps

-=JM=-
13-08-2003, 07:49 PM
You can have a look in the add/remove programs list. Or by clicking the show installed patches at windows update.

J ZEP
13-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Also to add to what stu said - you can also check for them under "Add or Remove Programs", I am guessing you are possibly wanting to check if you have the windows update patch for the "msblater worm", as i have had a few friends needing help in this area over the past few days and have found it easiest to get them to look under "Add or Remove Program" (the name and no. for that paticular patch are: Windows XP Hotfix KB823980). I think they should all appear in there, however somebody may be able to correct me if i am wrong?

Martina
14-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Thanks a bundle - I have also been wondering about this and now breathing a bit easier