PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Porsche 2000

Mike
13-08-2003, 10:48 AM
I've got NFSP2K but for some reason it won't let me race one of the tracks - I get about half way through it and it just locks up. I've applied the patch, so it's up-to-date (as far as I can tell - v3.5), but this one track (Normandie) locks up half way through. Because of this I can't advance to the next stage of Evolution.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Need for Speed Porsche 2000
Windows XP Pro SP1
512mb RAM
64mb Video

Cheers,

Mike.

mejobloggs
13-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Ah. I had that problem too. Its a certain track. Go to www.needforbetterspeed.net (or .com, not sure) and search in their forums.

If you cant find it, tel me, and ill have a look

mejobloggs
13-08-2003, 12:01 PM
I think that is the best NFS so far.

phylip
13-08-2003, 03:21 PM
i would give the game away and buy toca race driver
i find it alot better but then hey thats only my opinion

metla
13-08-2003, 05:10 PM
toca race driver=one of the worst racin games ever.

sheesh,they didnt code it to be used with steering wheels,shes a dog unless ya use a gamepad.

My favourite at the moment is f12002 with the gtr mod,the mini mod,and the ferrieri class challenge.

Plus in the last week Bathurst has been released.

Doesn't get much better then that........Not untill the full range of aussie v8's get released in a couple months time.

metla
13-08-2003, 05:11 PM
oh,Thats just my opinion btw,Different strokes for different folks as they say....

vk_dre
13-08-2003, 05:59 PM
have u tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? keep the savedgames, i had similar problems on the test driver bit but it fixed up after i reinstalled.

Mike
13-08-2003, 10:12 PM
> have u tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
> keep the savedgames, i had similar problems on the
> test driver bit but it fixed up after i reinstalled.

Been there done that. Apparently it's a known bug with W2k and XP, but they haven't released a patch for it :( I've tried increasing my virtual memory (a suggested fix from one of those forums mentioned above) but if that doesn't work I'll just add a partition and stick ME on and play it in there :)

Mike.

Mike
14-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Okay, the latest is this - I increased my VM to 5gb :D but had issues at exactly the same point of the Normandie track.

So unless someone can think of something else that might work, I'll add a new partition and put ME on it over the weekend... But I'd much prefer a different fix :)

Mike.

mejobloggs
15-08-2003, 05:20 PM
fine, ignore my last post then.

mejobloggs
15-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Try the following in order :

- Turn Off Lensflare option
- Change Headlights to Vertex from Projected
- Turn off Rear View mirror
- Turn off Sky Rendering
- Turn off Ambient sounds

I didnt need to do this bit, but the people at needforbetterspeed forums recomend it.

- Use the Skyselector Util too change the Sky texture on any track that cause crashes. Try use Corsicas on Normandie.

Mike
15-08-2003, 06:49 PM
> fine, ignore my last post then.

What am I ignoring? Or have I missed something? I went to the forums and read through everything I could find that seemed to relate and they all said the same thing, so I tried what they suggested (as mentioned above) but it didn't work.

Now I'll try what you suggest below :) (although I have a feeling it's not going to work).

Mike.

Mike
15-08-2003, 06:50 PM
> fine, ignore my last post then.

What am I ignoring? Or have I missed something? I went to the forums and read through everything I could find that seemed to relate and they all said the same thing, so I tried what they suggested (as mentioned above) but it didn't work.

Now I'll try what you suggest below :) (although I have a feeling it's not going to work).

Mike.

Mike
15-08-2003, 07:28 PM
> Now I'll try what you suggest below :) (although I
> have a feeling it's not going to work).

Well I'll take that back :) thanks mjb, it appears to have worked... now to turn each on one-by-one and see how many of the extras I can have on before it crashes on me :D

YAY now I can put off the reformatting and installing ME for a bit longer :) (and now I can take off and go play NFSP2K :D

Cheers mate,

Mike.

mejobloggs
15-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Cool. I found it crashed occosionally on one other track too. Just play it normally, but when you get to those tracks, change those settings. Later o in evolution, you hardly ever race normandie, so it doesnt affect you too much.

Mike
16-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Yeah I just found another one that crashed it, so I'll change a couple more of the settings (although it could be because I'd just played it for AGES :))

Mike.