PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer for Windows 95

ambasluv
12-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Well, the subject covers it quite nicely. I've got a windows 95 machine sitting in front of me that needs a re-install of IE.\

What's the problem I hear you ask - most of the installs I've found so far require Microsoft to provide the files - don't suppose anybody has a link to an all-in-one file that'll install a version of IE that'll work nicely in Win95?

Download times aren't much of an issue as I'm looking at a nice old 256 kB connection. with plenty of HD space to burn up

Any help would be appreciated as always

Ambasluv

Greg S
12-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Many of the older PCWorld and other publications' free CD's have it - I think IE5.5 is about the latest that Win95 will take. Perhaps try the library if you don't have the old mags

ambasluv
12-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Yeah - unluckily Microsoft have chosen not to support IE5.5 as well as I would like, and although they are releasing updates for it, I can't actually install it from most installers... I need one that doesn't use the net for it's files at all...

A web link to one would be the best thing, as our local library has already had all the cd's taken out of their copies of PC World.

Greg S
12-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Well if you buy me a beer next time you're up in Ak I'll send you one of my old CD's with a full install, if ya like. Drop me your postal addy to submit at zu dot co dot nz. Alternatively wait until I'm not too busy and I'll upload it to a server somewhere and you can download it from the address I supply - the latter is not the most reliable tho because of the greater potential of corruption from the various up/down loads it requires

ambasluv
12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Seeing as my chances of getting to Auckland are pretty slim, and my chances of having money for a beer are even slimmer, I could go for the latter option.. There's no major rush on it, but whenever you can... :-D

Thanks a bundle in advance.

Greg S
12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Roger that. You'll still have to send me an email addy to send you the URL, as I don't want a dozen or more folks chewing into my bandwidth. Should have something up for you within 24 hours

Jim B
12-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Try here (http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2)