PDA

View Full Version : rule wizard in outlook

yingxuan
12-08-2003, 10:39 AM
My school computer uses jet stream and during the school holidays the computer will still be on.

Would anyone know any instructions on using rule wizard so if people send emails to my school account it automatically forward to my paradise account?
CAn it be done without needing to open outlook?

Capt Jimbo
12-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Rules wizard is quite easy. Just go Tools\Rules wizard and follow the prompts.
Yes Outlook does need to be open for rules to work.

Jim B
12-08-2003, 12:21 PM
If you can access your school account with Web Mail that would be the easiest way assuming here that you want to get the school mail while at another computer.
You would need to make sure the school account was not downloading mail though.
Why leave the school Jetstream running if it is not being used.

Otherwise get the ISP hosting your school account to put a forwarding on to your Paradise account.

yingxuan
13-08-2003, 03:28 AM
There are students at school are living in the hostel thats why the computer are on.

"Otherwise get the ISP hosting your school account to put a forwarding on to your Paradise account. "

Isp hosting?How do I do this?

Mike
13-08-2003, 09:08 AM
The replies here seem to assume you're a staffmember... are you? If you're a student then most of these replies won't be of any use to you :)

If your school is using MS Exchange to handle emails then you should be able to use the Rules wizards in Outlook to forward your emails even with Outlook closed. This won't work if it doesn't use Exchange though, as Outlook ties in with Exchange for offline work (as Exchange would stay online, so does the forwarding).

It'll all depend on how your school is set up for email etc., and it's hard to tell without more info about the setup. You might be out of luck.

Mike.

yingxuan
13-08-2003, 12:57 PM
it is microsort outlook exchange.Im a student