PDA

View Full Version : M/Boards with nvidia chipset

Term_X
11-08-2003, 11:27 PM
whats these mboards performance compared to anutha mboard with agp graphics card?

eg the example would be a board with the nvidia chipset say 32 megs built in graphics memory vs a board with 32 megs agp graphics card

someone please enlighten me!

cheers

chiefnz
12-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Generally onboard hardware such as sound cards and graphics cards tend to take a bit out of your CPU processing power. However, with todays motherboards being more advanced in design and the leaps in hardware integration you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Having said all that... in my personal experience you'd probably find that an AGP graphics card on it's own would prpbably more often than not deliver better perfomance than one which has been intergrated onto the motherboard.

Intergrated cards share system memory and sometimes under certain conditions they may cause problems with system crashes etc.

My best advice is if you're a gamer or use graphically intense programs you'd probably be better off using an AGP card in it's own slot on the motherboard rather than the integrated graphics engine on the motherboard.

chiefnz :)