PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Acrobat and dll files

23-02-2000, 10:58 PM
I have an intermitent problem with Adobe Acrobat 4.0 running on W98 2nd edition. Occasionally when I try to download a pdf file the download process freezes and I get the error message:
ACRORD32 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 017f:78001648.
I checked the Microsoft Support site and was advised to update the Microsoft runtime libraries (which I have not yet done).
I posted this query to the Adobe site and another user reported the same problem, had updated the libraries file but still had the problem. The url at the MS site is:
support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q192/1/23.asp
Would appreciate comment on the possible cause of the problem and whether I should update the libraries file.

Second query. Installed Magellan Explorer 2.0(Windows Explorer alternative). Ran it a few times - ok. But on one occasion,it crashed. I got the blue screen, went ctrl-ald-del. An error message popped up saying:
Terminating thread due to a stack overflow problem. A VxD, possibly recently installed, has consumed to much stack space. Increase setting of MinSP's in System.ini or remove recently installed VxD's. There are currently 5 SP's allocated.
What is going on here?

Last one (I promise) What is the difference between the date the file was created and the date it was modified and why do some files show a modifed date preceeding the created date. eg in my c:\windows directory the file, net.exe shows a created date of 19 Oct 99, and modified date of 23 April 99.
Thanks