PDA

View Full Version : Browser displays strange font (sizes) on web pages

Shane
11-08-2003, 06:38 PM
One day, my web browser (IE6), suddenly began displaying strange fonts and sizes. Text is still clearly readable, but a lot of text now seems much bigger. This only happens on web pages (except for pictures). I'm not certain whether it is in a different font or if it's just the size. I was not (and haven't been) playing with the fonts (or anything else) on my computer except for the screen size which I increased to 1024x786 to compensate (I don't recall what it was before, but something less). I use IE6, Windows 98. I have not been able to find any other problems with the computer (other than it being 5+ years old).

This only happens on web pages. The menus, taskbar, Office apps etc remain unaffected.

So umm...you guessed it...how do I remedy this problem?

J ZEP
11-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Shane, it sounds a little like the setting has been changed here - View - then - text size - then set it to a smaller setting ;-)
I hope thats what it was :-)

CYaBro
11-08-2003, 06:56 PM
It sounds like you have changed the Text Size in IE.

Go to the View Menu - Text Size - Select Medium (default) and see what happens

Shane
11-08-2003, 06:57 PM
I used the Search, and found an earlier post that suggested going into Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button, and changing Font Size to small, but the `small' option is already on.

CYaBro
11-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Doh! Between to it! :(

Shane
11-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Ooops...I typed that second post of mine while you guys were obviously typing your responses.

I tried the View > Text Size > Medium, and it worked, so thanks heaps!